News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 84: Batgirl Cassandra Cain

Started by Podmark, July 24, 2016, 05:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Cassandra Cain's Batgirl costume?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

We'll continue with Batgirl costumes today. This time the costume worn by the second (Helena Bertinelli aka Huntress) and mostly the third Batgirl, Cassandra Cain:

What do you think?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

2: I was torn between a 3 and a 2, but I eventually settled on 'Dislike.'  It's just a bit too boring, like the movie version of Batman.  It would work well as a live-action look, but it's a bit too plain for a comic look.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

I gave it a Love, but really considered just going with a Like.

First off I love Cassandra Cain. She's in my top 3 DC characters and high in my favourite fictional characters in general. As for her costume, under the right artists I love it. This is usually someone with a stylistic bent rather than realistic. Benton's right, the design is on the simple side and might benefit from an added element of some kind. I think it looks best when the pouches are drawn oversized, that adds more colour and uniqueness. I'm not a huge fan of the stitched face mask, it's fine sometimes but sometimes seems weird.

To me the real appeal of the costume is how well it fits the character. She's DC's top martial artist - so she wears a mostly black full body outfit invoking a ninja. But she's also very dedicated to Batman's cause so it has a strong traditional Bat design. And the full mask, no eyes, stitched mouth matches her personality - Cassandra has difficulty with words, she was trained to learn body language over speech.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

Quote from: Podmark on July 28, 2016, 03:17:26 AM
To me the real appeal of the costume is how well it fits the character. She's DC's top martial artist - so she wears a mostly black full body outfit invoking a ninja. But she's also very dedicated to Batman's cause so it has a strong traditional Bat design. And the full mask, no eyes, stitched mouth matches her personality - Cassandra has difficulty with words, she was trained to learn body language over speech.

Exactly. The costume on itself is OK, pretty simplistic. But it fits the character and her personality so well that I went with a like.