News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Skinning a shield

Started by docdelorean88, July 26, 2016, 12:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docdelorean88

Hey guys, im coming to you with a quick question.
So, threw together a quick kitbash Super Soldier(ala Amalgam comics), on Captain_America_Modern_Ren, and i was able to get/alter what i needed other than the replacing the cap shield with a superman "s". Now, I have only done some skin kittbashing, and really dont know anything about skoping really. Because of this, i had believed i would be able to accomplish this by altering the skin alone(open the Shield_Alpha file, put down the superman s graphic, fill the remaining area of the circle in black, which should be then alpha out the remainder of said graphic, thus leaving just the S, curving to the structure of the mesh), however, whenever i do this, the whole shield goes a bright blue. Any thoughts?
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Cyber Burn

I'm pretty sure that the Shield on that Mesh is not Alpha Enabled. So here's what you'll need to do:

1.)   Go to the Node the Mesh is attached to (Editable Mesh), or go to the specific Mesh piece itself.
a.   Right Click > Node > Attach Property > NiAlphaProperty

2.)   The Optimal Settings for the Alpha Channel (NiAlphaProperty ) are:
a.   Right Click on the Alpha Channel (NiAlphaProperty) > Flags

i.   Enable Blending = Check the Box
ii.   Source Blend Mode = Src Alpha
iii.   Destination Blend Mode = Inv Src Alpha
iv.   Enable Testing = Check the Box
v.   Alpha Test Function = Greater
vi.   Alpha Test Threshold = 125 to 200 (I usually do 125, but find what works for you)
vii.   No Sorter = Uncheck the Box, unless it's for an Aura

b.   Click on "Accept"

I think that should cover everything you need in NifSkope to get the Alpha's working.

daglob

Double check the "size" of the texture. If I save something that says in Photoshop it is something other than 3.665, 7.1, or 14.2 I get blue meshes.

docdelorean88

I tried what Cyber suggested first and that did it! Thank you both for the help!
Putting on some final touches on the kittbash, if you guys would like to take a look, i'll post a picture of what i did. :)
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"