Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2 on PC

Started by detourne_me, July 29, 2016, 02:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

So is anyone else going to pick these up?  I'm going to wait for a sale on Steam to get Ultimate Alliance 2 becaase I never played it when it originally came out.

Glitch Girl

Wait on the PC versions - I'm hearing that the controls are very buggy and that the sound is badly dorked.  Check first to see if they're patched.

1 was a LOT of fun on the PS2.  2, less so but it's still fun beating up enemies.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

spydermann93

Yeah, wait it out. Activision botched the port.

$40 for a decade old game? I mean, I love MA to death, but seriously, Activision? Seriously? You don't even get all of the characters from the Gold Edition.

detourne_me

Yeah I definitely won't be getting the first one. I've had the modded version of the first one for a while.  It was always tons of fun, same with the modded XML2.

Tomato

I wouldn't mind getting both, but I wanna wait for them to get it patched AND to see how well mods work

catwhowalksbyhimself

Suposedly, the new patch fixes the problems.  And the DLC is coming for free eventually.

Nothing really exciting.  If it comes down enough, I might get it, but not at these prices.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Groucho

I'll be waiting for them to get released on GOG. I'm sure they will eventually.
I don't want to belong to any superhero group that would allow me as a member!

JeyNyce

LOL, I still have the original games.  I remember some of the people here on the forums modded the game so they could have their favorite heroes in the game.  Now I have to see if the game works with Windows 10
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Ozymandiasveis

Lol I'd pick up Ultimate Alliance 2, but the reviews from steam (mixed reviews I have a rule of not really going to) scared me off, welp back to the Marvel Adventures mod!

Tomato

So on a whim I went out and purchased MUA1... and for the first time ever, I requested a refund on steam. The controls are sluggish, controller support is completely borked (it maps the A button wrong) and the whole game was being laggy to the point where it's basically unplayable. Now, tbf, part of that might be my PC, but I should not be having these issues with a game that's about a decade old.

crosspotts1.0

i was going to get them on ps4 but the dont have all the dlc so im hoping for an up date

i wanted to rip all the models for us but my psx2 em crashes after abit when using text mod so not sure if ill be able to it might be my pc graphics card but when i get another pc ill try agin cause i think the models should be ripped for us

id also would love to make a game like the marvel Nemesis rise of the imperfects with r scopes and skins and make it as easily as putting chars in  :ffvstr:  to add more but dont have any idea how i would go about doing that

ha ha i went off track big time woops

SickAlice

I didn't see the point of paying nor paying for something twice, especially not one I had years of tearing through already. I think Activision is trying to grab cash from the Marvel/Avengers rocket as well play into the industry wide attempt to make a next stage retro game market. For the former there were more popular games in their library to highlight, for the latter it's a bad move as the industry is clearly going android dominate. The only appealing move would have been if they would have reissued the series in HD with updated models, textures and engine. As it is I can just play my PC version of 1 and Wii of the second anyways if I feel like reliving old times.

Tomato

I wouldn't mind it if A. the game actually WORKED, B. there was actually a graphical update, and C. They actually had all the DLC. Instead, these both seem to be ports of what we had already gotten from the PS3 versions of the games, without even having the benefit of being mapped properly to a controller. I own the games for PS3, I own the first game for PC, and I have mods for the PC version that add in the console DLC, plus half a dozen mods that allow me to use other playable characters.

crosspotts1.0

Quote from: Tomato on February 27, 2017, 10:59:32 PM
I wouldn't mind it if A. the game actually WORKED, B. there was actually a graphical update, and C. They actually had all the DLC. Instead, these both seem to be ports of what we had already gotten from the PS3 versions of the games, without even having the benefit of being mapped properly to a controller. I own the games for PS3, I own the first game for PC, and I have mods for the PC version that add in the console DLC, plus half a dozen mods that allow me to use other playable characters.
i wish i knew how to mod those  :lol: