News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Understanding Summoner a bit more

Started by El1jahSnowFan, July 31, 2016, 05:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El1jahSnowFan

Hi, folks!

Hate to be a bother, but I have tried everything I can think of, searched the forum and read, and looked at the FFX manual, and I just can't seem to figure out the Summoner attribute.

So, if anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it -- but I probably should ask this first: I am trying to use it with Kid Eternity, in Skirmish Watch Mode. Does the attribute work in that mode?

If it does, then here is what I have done so far:

1. Given Kid Eternity the Summoner IV attribute for the highest possible character rating

2. Gone to FFX Control Centre and given him three different characters to work with as Minions: Guardian, Mister Terrific GA, and legionnaire. I named them Custom_Form 1, 2 and 3 and set them to Independent.

3. I went to FFXCustom and saw what appeared to be the correct coding under Summoner

4. I set up the Herofile with this command: "TSummon(creature=Guardian)",

5. I have sent Guardian to Dat; his point total is high, though.

What I have noticed: If I leave it like this: "TSummon()", will give me the default green tank, mech man and turret. So that is why I think it could work in Skirmish mode, but I don't know for sure.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

BentonGrey

Howdy ESF, I'm sure we can help you out.  First, a few questions.  Is this for  :ff: or :ffvstr:

Have you taken KE into the RR yourself, or are you only doing this in Watch Mode?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

El1jahSnowFan

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 31, 2016, 06:38:59 PM
Howdy ESF, I'm sure we can help you out.  First, a few questions.  Is this for  :ff: or :ffvstr:

Have you taken KE into the RR yourself, or are you only doing this in Watch Mode?

Hey, you! Thanks for popping in!

It's for FFvsTTR; and I am attempting to use it in Watch mode.

BentonGrey

You're quite welcome!  Right, but have you tested him on your own, with you controlling him, to see if Summoner works that way?  It could be an AI issue rather than an issue with the attribute.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

El1jahSnowFan

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 31, 2016, 06:43:56 PM
You're quite welcome!  Right, but have you tested him on your own, with you controlling him, to see if Summoner works that way?  It could be an AI issue rather than an issue with the attribute.

Ah! I have not! Give me a second, and I'll see if I can make it work! (I'm not very proficient with it; for years and years, I have just used Watch mode.) I shall report back momentarily!

El1jahSnowFan

Wow. I really am rusty at this -- I can't even remember how to trigger FFX in-game. I haven't actually done that in probably 10 years.

I know it's a basic question, but how do I bring up the console, in-game? It's so basic, I can't even find it in the documentation!

BentonGrey

Haha, no worries.  We're not born knowing this stuff.  So, you SHOULD be able to access custom FFX commands by right clicking on your character or another character or object.  At the bottom of the power menu, you should see some custom commands, including 'summon_tank' and such as that.  Those should summon whatever you've got set up.
God Bless

El1jahSnowFan

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 31, 2016, 08:48:31 PM
Haha, no worries.  We're not born knowing this stuff.  So, you SHOULD be able to access custom FFX commands by right clicking on your character or another character or object.  At the bottom of the power menu, you should see some custom commands, including 'summon_tank' and such as that.  Those should summon whatever you've got set up.

Thanks, Benton! I'll give that a whirl, see what happens, and report back. I really appreciate your assistance, even if I can't get it figured out!