News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

EZ Hero question

Started by comicstar100, August 17, 2016, 04:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comicstar100

So I'm using EZ Hero V 3.4 and playing ffvstr with the ffx add on. I notice when I send to data the hero shows up in the game but cannot be edited or deleted. I can make a copy and edit that but then I have 2 of the same hero. Not sure why I can't edit the original hero that I'm creating in EZ Hero.

stumpy

I may be reading your post incorrectly, but I think there may be some confusion based on the difference between a custom hero and a built-in hero and what EZ Hero does.

EZ Hero turns a "custom" hero into a "built-in" hero. Custom heroes have their information stored in HERO files that you can edit from the Characters screen in the game and they do not follow a set progression when the player spends earned experience points (technically character points, CP) on them during a campaign. Built-in heroes have their information stored in DAT files and they more-or-less follow a plan as to how their experience points may be spent. If you want to change that plan, you need to edit the character in the FF Editor. Those heroes are essentially the same as Minute Man, Alchemiss, etc.

So, largely, it seems that you might be thinking that the hero your built-in hero created using EZ Hero should still be advancing like the custom hero from which you created him. But, they are two different types of characters.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg