Is it possible to play patriot city with the latest ffx ?

Started by EmenoKay, August 04, 2016, 02:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmenoKay

i'm sorry if this was already asked before by others.... but i wonder if there's a way to play patriot city with the latest ffx ( attribut, effects etc ) since i cannot make it possible ( many missing attributes )

*sorry for my bad english  ^_^

BentonGrey

Hello Emeno, and welcome to the best community on the Internet! 

Hmm, I haven't tried it, but I imagine it would be possible to do that by copying the mission/scripts folder from FFX 3 into Patriot City's directory, and then merging the dats from the former to the latter.  I would back up your copy of Patriot City, because I'm not 100% sure that would work.

You would also probably want to replace the Lang files as well.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Epimethee

IIRC, you'd also have to copy a few meshes, update the language files and some of PatCity python files' import statements. So yes, doable, but a bit of chore.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

EmenoKay

thank you very much for the reply.... i'll try to do as you guys suggest...
# i hope you guys don't mind if i asking for help again later ( if i still can't make it work )....

BentonGrey

Of course, Emeno, that's what we're here for!  Good luck!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

bearded

I did it. I can upload what I did. What is the minimum you need? dats, script folder, what else? or should I just zip up the whole thing?

But like he said, the lang file needs fixing. some of the buttons are main. Like, it says "Try Again" instead of "Continue".

bearded

Actually what I did was pretty easy. I just ran the latest ffx over the patcity folder.

EmenoKay

Quote from: bearded on August 06, 2016, 02:31:17 AM
Actually what I did was pretty easy. I just ran the latest ffx over the patcity folder.

can you be more specific please ? how do you mean by ran the latest ffx over patcity folder ? like copy paste *.dats, scripts files over ?

bearded

Just run the launcher and use the patcity folder instead of the data folder. And I copy and pasted the txt files, and converted them in ffedit.

EmenoKay

Quote from: bearded on August 05, 2016, 09:56:11 PM
I did it. I can upload what I did. What is the minimum you need? dats, script folder, what else? or should I just zip up the whole thing?

But like he said, the lang file needs fixing. some of the buttons are main. Like, it says "Try Again" instead of "Continue".
if you don't mind... i need the dats, scripts and any altered files to make it playable.. cause i keep getting error its frustating.... X/

bearded

EmenoKay

Quote from: bearded on August 09, 2016, 06:29:54 AM
Where do you want this uploaded?
mediafire ? btw i made a shapsifter in crisis & patriot city mod... but it cannot transform.... i used ffx cc still not working... can you tell me how to make it work ?

BentonGrey

God Bless

EmenoKay

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 09, 2016, 06:14:04 PM
Did you create the alternate forms as well?
yes i did...  it work on ffx3 but not on crisis and patriot city mod.... maybe i just don't know how to use the ffx cc.. haha

BentonGrey

Hmm, and you pointed the CC at the Patriot City folder?
God Bless