News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Theres always the new guy...

Started by Ozymandiasveis, August 21, 2016, 04:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozymandiasveis

Hi guys, I'm a huge fan superheroes and comics so I decided to give FFvTTR a try and was not dissapointed! After using skins and meshes from guys like Podmark and AfganAnt, I decided to give skinning a try (whenever school or homework and relationships allow me too) and was wondering how its done (I wanted to try and do a Thane skin first) So any input would be much obliged!

detourne_me

Welcome to the community! It's really cool that youd like to contribute by skinning.
Are you familiar with photoshop, or paint shop pro, or even GIMP? Those are the main programs for skinning.
Usually its a good idea to start off by modifying a base skin. Base skins were made for people to use for skinning so its ok to cut em up and try all sorts of stuff witb them. For a beginner i'd suggest getting C6's base skins, or murs47's base skin .psd is really excellent as he included a lot of lagers for skin types, faces, and different costume colors.

Ozymandiasveis

Why yes! I actually downloaded GIMP just today and sort of played around with the features and everything

BentonGrey

Howdy Ozymandiasveis!  Welcome to the best community on the Internet.  :D

New content creators are always welcome.  You're fortunate in that a lot of great folks have created a lot of resources to help you get started.  As DM mentioned, starting out messing with base skins is how most skinners get their sea legs, so to speak. 

You can find a lot of great tutorials here:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/info

I'm a modder myself, with no artistic skills at all, so I'm afraid that's about all I can contribute to the conversation!  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Ozymandiasveis

Well thanks for the help Benton, I have to say I am a huge fan of your mods! (I cant use them cause I have FF on a flash drive and it requires changing a lot of stuff) And thanks for the links, before I know itI'll be the best skinner in the world (well if school and stuff allows it lol)

daglob

Quote from: Ozymandiasveis on August 22, 2016, 12:39:03 AM
Well thanks for the help Benton, I have to say I am a huge fan of your mods! (I cant use them cause I have FF on a flash drive and it requires changing a lot of stuff) And thanks for the links, before I know itI'll be the best skinner in the world (well if school and stuff allows it lol)

Oh, to be young.

Welcome to the group.

BentonGrey

Thanks Ozy!  Hopefully new releases should make changing the paths and such easier.

Good luck as you learn to skin, and be sure not to get discouraged.  It takes practice! :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/