News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Dead No more: Clone Conspiracy

Started by HarryTrotter, September 19, 2016, 05:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Shocker

Yeah I meant to mention that myself. I'd be up for that too. I'm expecting that it'll be a Scarlet Spider book myself.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

^That would be my first guess too.
Back to the reveal,anyway you look at it,it raises more questions then it answers.Spider-island comes to mind.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-ben-reilly-scarlet-spider-all-new-series-peter-david-mark-bagley/
Scarlet Spider series confirmed.Costume design could have been better.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Yep. No surprise it's Scarlet Spider and it's Ben. Costume looks like he jacked Spidercide's costume and added a hoodie. I gotta admit, I was kinda hoping for the 90's costume.

Kaine will apparently be a supporting character. Some other new characters were mentioned who will round out the cast, but I gotta admit none of them sound especially interesting. I'm getting a bit of deja vu from Kaine's book but the creative team's really good. Most Peter David fans would probably cite his 80's Spidey run. I didn't read that, but I did read Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and that was a really darn good book. Actually it was my favorite of the Spidey books that existed right before Brand New Day.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

Ehhhh... I get what they're TRYING to do, evoking his old costume but doing away with some of the more problematic elements like the armless sweatshirt... but honestly, they'd have been better off basing it on Ben's Spider-Man costume. This just... it just looks MORE 90s than the original.

Silver Shocker

Yeah, it kinda does. I hadn't thought about it, but yeah, I would have preferred his Spider-Man costume or something based on it.
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Honestly,I didnt need the drama between Doc Ock and Anna Maria.
This is the second event this week to devolve into a zombi infestation.
Jon Farmer

SickAlice

HarryTrotter

Well,this was a rushed ending.Or is it really an ending since we still have CC Omega?
And its hard to figure out who survived and who died.But do we need Massacre back?
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Scarlet Spider will in fact wear the classic costume after the first arc.

Yay. Seeing them both on the same page, on two versions of the same cover, the classic costume really does look better.
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Omega mostly does a lot of setting up.We know about the upcoming Scarlet Spider series,
Spoiler
but there also seems to be a big confrontation with Osborn in the works.And Lizard and his reptilian family escaped,so that's probably going to be a big infestation story.
Jon Farmer