News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Up to date Digital comics, Marvel

Started by Tomato, September 19, 2016, 06:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

So at my current job, I'm finding myself with... A lot of free time. I would like to use some of that free time to catch up on some of the few comics I've been infrequently reading, but from what I can tell Marvel's Unlimited subscription only maintains up to about 6 months ago. I don't mind paying full price for the individual issues as they come out (which I know DC used to allow, at least with their digital comics service) but I can't tell if I even have that option with Marvel.

Does anyone on here know if there's even an option for buying brand new books (or at least ones about a month out), or if I'm better off just finding other means to get digital comics?

Tomato

Nevermind, I finally figured it out. The Marvel Unlimited app is a subscription service for comics older than 6 months+ a backlog of older stories, but the "Marvel" app allows you to purchase up to date comics and set up subscriptions. Because it's not like you could have one app that did BOTH, or did something to differenciate the two... Or at least, I dunno, make it so the Marvel app shows up when one searches "Marvel Comics" instead of the 50,000 game apps that flood the app store

Silver Shocker

The Marvel App (or Marvel Digital Comics Store on the website) is Comixology. It just is, just without the non-Marvel books in the menu. If you buy books and redeem free ones on that service, then log onto Comixology from Comixology.com, those same books will be there.

You do have a point about making the app do both, since Comixology actually just recently added a "Unlimited" feature that's pretty much the exact same thing as Marvel's Unlimited feature.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Or you could instal 2000AD app.Just saying.You get weekly progs,collections + a ton of free stuff.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer