News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Various questions

Started by Incredible Bulk, September 22, 2016, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Yeah, the EZHero Tool will handle any characters you make in :ff: or :ffvstr: just fine. Heck, you can even use it to MAKE characters, give them multiple Passive Defenses, make Area attacks cost no EP, change their material to materials that aren't available via the character creator (e.g. Concrete, Air, and Cloth), change the mesh a character uses, change their AI, and so much more.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on September 28, 2016, 11:52:21 PM
Yeah, the EZHero Tool will handle any characters you make in :ff: or :ffvstr: just fine. Heck, you can even use it to MAKE characters, give them multiple Passive Defenses, make Area attacks cost no EP, change their material to materials that aren't available via the character creator (e.g. Concrete, Air, and Cloth), change the mesh a character uses, change their AI, and so much more.

Thanks im so how do I upload an.already created custom character into EZHero?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Just open the tool up, click "Open" and select your hero file. EZ as pie :P

It should open up your "Heroes" folder automatically if the tool was installed correctly, but if it wasn't and you don't know where your hero files are located, check in C:\Users\username_here\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes

When you're done modifying your character, click "Save". Your hero will now be ready to tumble in the Rumble Room!

EDIT: Also, can I say that I love your username? Such a great movie :P

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on September 29, 2016, 01:25:14 AM
Just open the tool up, click "Open" and select your hero file. EZ as pie :P

And if you don't know where your hero files are located, check in C:\Users\username_here\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes

When you're done modifying your character, click "Save". Your hero will now be ready to tumble in the Rumble Room!
awesome just found it with your help
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Is there a way to use EZ Hero to edit characters that come with the game? Without having to recreate them yourself
Sith Prime

spydermann93

You have to use FFEdit to do that.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on September 30, 2016, 09:09:07 PM
You have to use FFEdit to do that.
good to know should be easy but FFEDDIT don't allow to alter weight size
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Actually, if you go to a character's Template entry, you will see various text boxes.  One of them should say "Mass". That's what you'll edit to change their weight.

Be careful, though, as mass and weight are not 1:1.  For example, a character's mass might be 60, but in-game, they weight 170 lbs.  You kind of just have to fidget with the numbers until you get it right.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Is there no section on the forum for custom maps? What sites You guys recommend for custom maps for  :ffvstr:? I honestly remember years ago I downloaded an underwater map for my ocean base guys can't find it
Sith Prime

daglob

A lot of stuff is no longer available, just time and attrition. Someone probably has it on a CD or something, but we have to dig it out. A lot of stuff has been backed up to Mediafire and such.

We're looking.

Human Ton has a few maps, but I don't see an underwater map:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/humantonsmaps/info

spydermann93

Glob is right: while the site that used to host a lot of maps (FRP2) is gone, they have been backed up on Mediafire.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2455688dit53d/FRP2_Backups

Browse and download to your heart's content.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on October 01, 2016, 02:37:12 PM
Thanks again gentlemen
underwater map is there now so I add them to game?
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

I have a character cAlled invisible girl she as her name tells can go invisible but is there way I can make it so she can turn other characters invisible?

Can someone explain to me strength levels the game goes  to 10, what feats can be accomplish on each level? If you combine a character with curtain attributes will it make him stronger than level 10?
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

To add to the strength questions does a characters weight affect knockback if hit my a strong character, and  assuming characters like superman, hulk, Thor, Shazam are level 10 what will someone like Luke Cage be like?
Sith Prime

daglob

Somebody posted something about being able to increase a character's strength beyond 10, but I can't remember who it was (Kenn?). I believe the weight is supposed to affect the way knockback works, but I don't ever remember seeing exactly how.

The two Attributes Heavy Lifter and Heavy Hitter are often used by super-strong characters because in the comics such characters are constantly picking up stuff tossing it around or using it like a baseball bat. From what I understand, they basically make your strength a "ranged" attack. There are also a couple of attributes that will make you immune to knockback: Rooted and Density Control.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: daglob on October 11, 2016, 06:22:29 PM
Somebody posted something about being able to increase a character's strength beyond 10, but I can't remember who it was (Kenn?). I believe the weight is supposed to affect the way knockback works, but I don't ever remember seeing exactly how.

The two Attributes Heavy Lifter and Heavy Hitter are often used by super-strong characters because in the comics such characters are constantly picking up stuff tossing it around or using it like a baseball bat. From what I understand, they basically make your strength a "ranged" attack. There are also a couple of attributes that will make you immune to knockback: Rooted and Density Control.
since you're only limited to 5 attributes is there a way that I can combine 2-3 already existing attributes to create a new one basically a combo? I want to create an attribute that combines heavy hitter and heavy lifter and maybe one other together
Sith Prime

daglob

You might use Density Control, since it includes some enhanced jumping ability and knockback resistance. I think for Rooted to work you have to remain still.

Incredible Bulk

If I remember correctly Mr. Brdo's Hero tool  was for  :ff: dobt know if ever made for  :ffvstr: but I believe his tool had body types like concrete among others, is there now one like his for  :ffvstr: with additional body types?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Alex's Hero tool let's you pick Concrete, Air, and Cloth.

MrBrdo's Hero tool can also be used with :ffvstr:, it just can't replicate Cone Attacks and certain other features. I used to use it a lot.

Incredible Bulk

Thank you I didn't realize EZ Hero  had those options in there
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Is there a resource guide somewhere with recommended powers and attributes for DC and Marvel characters?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Unfortunately, everybody here pretty much has their own character creation techniques, so there isn't really a standard recommendation for attributes for pareticular characters.

However, if you lok at Glob's FF resource thread, the one with all of the link, there are some links to RPG character sheets that can give you an idea about which attributes to give your heroes.

Incredible Bulk

Thank you I'll start reading that
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

I know that two flying characters can go at it with each other in the sky using range attacks and projectiles but is it possible for two flying characters to go at in the sky punching each other?
Sith Prime

daglob

There are flying melee keyframes out there someplace. I've never gotten them to work, but I have a hinkey computer anyway.

Incredible Bulk

So the keyframes you add them to existing characters?
Sith Prime

daglob

Found out that they were on my hard drive after all. They're on their way...

Incredible Bulk

Okay so I've been looking up weights of characters online and maybe I got them wrong maybe there's more updated information out there but some of it doesn't make sense to me, but before I get to that I'm looking that up because I want to make sure the characters on creating all about the correct weight so  the first one I looked at was the thing he's 500lbs a guy made of stone only 500lbs whereas the juggernaut is 900lbs. I thought that was a bit strange that the thing will be that small and Hulk is at 1300lbs yet the Blob is only at 800lbs I would have thought the Blob would be around 1500lbs cause he's fat yes but also has muscle. So it didn't really make too much sense to me. I couldn't find weights for Cyborg, Colossus, Steele any guess?
Sith Prime