News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Various questions

Started by Incredible Bulk, September 22, 2016, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

The Blob's power is that he can root himself to the Earth. I don't remember when, but I believe The Hulk picked him up once and he had a bunch of soil stuck to his feet. It isn't his weight, it's his power. Unus must have something similar, or when he got hit, he would go flying back, instead of just standing there. The Thing isn't made out of stone, more like he's covered in scales of a tough organic compound (shell? keratin?). Now, The Juggernaut's weight does seem kind of high, I wouldn't think he'd be any heavier than The Thing. His powers are magical, so the "unstoppable" effect lets him move forward through any obstacle, and his weight shouldn't be a factor in it. In one of the handbooks, I thought they said how much more Colossus weighed than Peter Rasputin, but I don't remember how much or which one.

Our Male Hulking Thing, Thing T, and Thing Ren are probably a little bigger than The Thing is in comics.

Incredible Bulk

Good point on The Thing I wasn't really aware that he was just covered in scales and makes sense then
Sith Prime

OrWolvie1

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on October 14, 2016, 06:40:56 PM
Okay so I've been looking up weights of characters online and maybe I got them wrong maybe there's more updated information out there but some of it doesn't make sense to me, but before I get to that I'm looking that up because I want to make sure the characters on creating all about the correct weight so  the first one I looked at was the thing he's 500lbs a guy made of stone only 500lbs whereas the juggernaut is 900lbs. I thought that was a bit strange that the thing will be that small and Hulk is at 1300lbs yet the Blob is only at 800lbs I would have thought the Blob would be around 1500lbs cause he's fat yes but also has muscle. So it didn't really make too much sense to me. I couldn't find weights for Cyborg, Colossus, Steele any guess?

According to the Marvel Universe Online, Colossus weighs 250 lbs normally, 500 lbs transformed. And Juggernaut is 1900 lbs. Blob is 510 lbs, the Thing is 500 lbs and the Hulk is 128 lbs (Banner); 900 lbs (gray Hulk); 1,040 – 1,400 lbs (green/savage Hulk); 1,150 lbs (green/Professor Hulk).

Hope that helps a bit.

IF you want/need more info, check out  http://marvel.com/universe

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

daglob

I just came across a reference in the Mark Waid FF as to The Thing's skin being composed of silicates. This would make at least his skin stony.

Incredible Bulk

That does make things a little interesting then especially since he's not as big as I thought yeah he can go toe-to-toe with the Hulk you will think the Hulk would crush him.
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

I know you can add a lot to the game is there a way to add different attack types? Right now there's crushing piercing radiation Mystic energy ect
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

And I noticed some characters features are like a weird purple color how can I fix that?
Sith Prime

daglob

A missing texture usually makes something bright magenta. It may insist that it needs a refl or glow texture. I have "standard bits" that have glow, refl, lightmap, and portrait files filled with black I copy into some skin folders. I think if it's the main texture that is missing, it has this peculiar black "X" on white wrapped around the mesh.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: daglob on October 15, 2016, 08:48:31 PM
A missing texture usually makes something bright magenta. It may insist that it needs a refl or glow texture. I have "standard bits" that have glow, refl, lightmap, and portrait files filled with black I copy into some skin folders. I think if it's the main texture that is missing, it has this peculiar black "X" on white wrapped around the mesh.
yes the cape on Storm is Magenta
Sith Prime

daglob

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on October 15, 2016, 08:17:17 PM
And I noticed some characters features are like a weird purple color how can I fix that?

You may also need to convert your TGA Files to DDS Files.

Incredible Bulk

So is a a program I need to download to convert and fix these issues?
Sith Prime

daglob

LP's Storm is for FF1 (at least I have a copy in FF1). Check and be sure that the "extras" have both refl and glow textures.

CB is right, often converting all the textures to .dds will work, but only in FFv3R.

There are programs out there to convert from one graphic format to another, but I can't remember. I got a Photoshop add-in that lets me use it to convert.

Cyber Burn

I use XnConvert (http://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/), which allows me to convert multiple Files at once once. You just have to be careful and not try to use it on your Meshes and Text Files and the like.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

I believe the character Thermite is a build in character but I can't find any info about him his origins anywhere,
Sith Prime

daglob

I don't think he is. I've got copies of all the built-ins in their own folders, and he isn't among them.

Cyber Burn

I believe that the "Thermite " Character that you are seeing is from FFX. But I could be wrong.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 16, 2016, 08:10:27 PM
I believe that the "Thermite " Character that you are seeing is from FFX. But I could be wrong.
ok I think your right
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

So this happen last night I copy each FF character gave  them their actual game name because in the game thier stats are lower but when I view them on the character section I guess it shows thier full power so after I copy them all I go play then at rumble room I select some from under custom but it again shows thier weaker version and some powers and attributes are locked. What gives?
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

For example Alchemist if you look at the building character Prestige points it's somewhere around 8,000 but if you click on view with all her powers she's about 13,000 Prestige points. So I just did a copy of that character give her the same name so I'm assuming that she's at 13000 Prestige Point character but when I went to the Rumble Room and I picked from Custom characters I picked her but she's back down to 8000 Prestige points and some of her attributes and Powers are as if they were locked
Sith Prime

spydermann93

It has to do with the built-in names conflicting with your custom character names.

Just put something like "FF character_name" and you should be fine.

Incredible Bulk

Good to hear it's an easy fix so basically just change Alchemist into lady Alchemist ect
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Yeah. Or even just "FF Alchemiss"

Incredible Bulk

Back again, 2 character types I've stayed away from cuz I don't know how to make them work or how  in general they work but I really want to add them into my game I want a character that will grow in size like giant man and one that shrinks in size like the atom or Ant-Man how do I get that to work?
Sith Prime

daglob

A some of the meshes of those characters have those abilities built in. There are also some "tiny" and "giant" meshes which you could use with shape-shift. Texas Jack and Tommyboy have size changing meshes. Tommy has some keyframes that change size depending on the animation selected. I can send you some of them after I get back from the doctor.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime