Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Various questions

Started by Incredible Bulk, September 22, 2016, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incredible Bulk

What is this message mean
Character found with duplicate complex?

and sometimes after creating a new character he has green bubbles around him I don't know why
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

How do you insert pictures and files onto your messages? There's no "attachment" button
Sith Prime

Cyber Burn

Before I can answer that, do you have an image hosting account, such as Photobucket?

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 24, 2016, 05:16:20 AM
Before I can answer that, do you have an image hosting account, such as Photobucket?
no I don't but i think I know where your heading with that. I'll open one
Sith Prime

daglob

Photobucket has gotten so ad crazy you have to race to do anything before they hijack your browser and tell you that you have to update Firefox or your Windows drivers before you can possibly do anything else. Then they offer to update them for you, just click "okay" to their having full control of your computer.

I realize that it could be a virus on my computer, but it only happens on certain websites, and all my virus scanners and anti-malware programs say there is nothing wrong (and I realize that it could still be a virus on my computer).

Incredible Bulk

Question the Minuteman character has 3 Skins is traditional game blue there's also a red one which I assume is supposed to be like a British Redcoat and there's also a green one what exactly is the green one supposed to represent?

Sith Prime

daglob

I don't think it is supposed to represent anything, it's just an alternate skin. There is a communist version, as well as Canadian. Someone did a Lamplighter skin for him, and Bevo did his 1880 versions and I did a Christmas version.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: daglob on October 29, 2016, 02:46:55 AM
I don't think it is supposed to represent anything, it's just an alternate skin. There is a communist version, as well as Canadian. Someone did a Lamplighter skin for him, and Bevo did his 1880 versions and I did a Christmas version.
oh well that's good to know thanks
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: daglob on October 29, 2016, 02:46:55 AM
who did the communist version?
Sith Prime

daglob

Atomic Robot did it. Very nice.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 25, 2016, 08:51:14 PM
Quote from: Incredible Bulk on September 25, 2016, 06:10:41 PM
Do you have a link for the Yahoo Resource Group?

Freedom Force Resources: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/info

Ninja'd by Daglob!!!

But anyway, in the Links Section, try Alberik's 1st Group, he had a lot of Alternate Skins for the in-game Characters:

https://de.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/alberiks_freedom_force_skins/info

If you want alternate Skins for the built-in Characters, Alberiks Yahoo Group is where you want to look, he had quite a few, and they were very well made too.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: daglob on October 29, 2016, 04:38:59 AM
Atomic Robot did it. Very nice.
I downloaded they come up on the character creation section but once i play them they look like their original version only the portraits work.
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 29, 2016, 05:21:41 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 25, 2016, 08:51:14 PM
Quote from: Incredible Bulk on September 25, 2016, 06:10:41 PM
Do you have a link for the Yahoo Resource Group?

Freedom Force Resources: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/info

Ninja'd by Daglob!!!

But anyway, in the Links Section, try Alberik's 1st Group, he had a lot of Alternate Skins for the in-game Characters:

https://de.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/alberiks_freedom_force_skins/info

If you want alternate Skins for the built-in Characters, Alberiks Yahoo Group is where you want to look, he had quite a few, and they were very well made too.
thank you
Sith Prime

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 23, 2016, 01:20:02 AM
If you are using alternate Skins for the built-in characters for FFVT3R, then you want to make sure that you convert them to dds format. Otherwise they may not show up in game.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 29, 2016, 05:25:16 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 23, 2016, 01:20:02 AM
If you are using alternate Skins for the built-in characters for FFVT3R, then you want to make sure that you convert them to dds format. Otherwise they may not show up in game.
got it thanks
Sith Prime

daglob

Oops! It's Alberik who has the 1880s versions.

Incredible Bulk

How do you use/install googleds mapmod? Do you have access to all charActers and FFX Attributes?

And anyone ever make this guys?
http://irrationalgames.com/insider/from-the-vault-freedom-force/
Sith Prime

daglob

Deanjo is working on Youngstar, and I believe someone did The Ant. All the others are on my list, but not near the top.

Incredible Bulk

Do know where i can get additional skins for sylphs?
Sith Prime

daglob

I'll see what I have and send it tomorrow.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on October 30, 2016, 03:28:02 AM
How do you use/install googleds mapmod? Do you have access to all charActers and FFX Attributes?

And anyone ever make this guys?
http://irrationalgames.com/insider/from-the-vault-freedom-force/

Bullet, EL Diablo, Eve, and The Ant can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kbf5ng3k35zb8yi/Irrational_70s_Meshes.7z

Incredible Bulk

How do I add new non playable civilians and have them just walk around in my maps both  mission and rumble room
Sith Prime

detourne_me

Youll have to open up a map using FFEdit and then place civilians and CPs (civilian paths).  Try to check out some mapmaking tutorials for how to do this. Maps are found under the missions tab in FFEdit. Try opening up a map made by someone like Cmdrkoenig or HumanTon, you can see all the different things they add to it.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

I saw only one tutorial under the tutorial section 4 maps  but it no longer worked
Sith Prime

Cyber Burn

I may have a few Tutorials on Maps, but I haven't gone through them yet. I could post those tonight if you want though.

Incredible Bulk

Thanks that will be awesome

On a side note I always wonder why Freedom Force never had any black civilians in the game or characters in general I think there might be only one
Sith Prime

spydermann93

The game is based on the 60's and 40's in America and there weren't many non-white heroes or villains in comics at the time, so I guess it's not really all too surprising.

But yeah, it is kinda odd that there aren't many black civilians, especially if Patriot City is supposed to be a metropolis.

Cyber Burn

If it helps, there are a couple of non-white skins included in my "Male_Basic_Civilin" Pack.