News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Various questions

Started by Incredible Bulk, September 22, 2016, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/info

Tht is odd, becasue I copied the address from the address pane at the top of the browser, same as i did with this one. Double checked it, though.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

daglob

Deaths Jester

...don't feed them after midnight.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

Little so-an-sos keep getting in the cat food.

Incredible Bulk

Dont know of there was a specific area to request this did not see a subforum but my apologies if i miss it.
Looking for maps for  :ffvstr: any will be great but especially a jungle, forrest, desert cemetary and suburds ect but any will do. I found a tom for  :ff: but not many for  :ffvstr:
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Also I know there's googles converted modpack. Have any of you had any issues using them or messing with your game?
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Also another question. What is the process when you make a new characters? I make it add abilities and powers then go to conrol center and brand them? Then the tool in rumble room to iD them?
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Sorry that I keep bothering guys but I'm still trying to come back for my absence so least for a while I'll  Either be asking a lot of questions or requesting mesh and skins.  This question is a technical one since I don't know there's an actual guide that exist that explains the creation process of a character.

OK let's say I have 2 characters 1 of them has a strength level of 3 the other character has a strength level of 10  and i give them the same simple punch attack low magnitude (which i stil not %100 clear what that even means) and they both hit the same target with that punch since its the same low level punch will they hurt their target in the same amount or will it vary due to strenght levels?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Don't be afraid to ask questions, man. I'll help when and if I can, so no worries :)

1) To make new characters, I make them in game with all of their abilities and powers and whatever else I can think of first. Then, I open up the hero with the EZHero Tool and change their weight, add extra passives if need be, change their AI if I want, etc. After that, I open up the FFX Control Centre and brand them by selecting the mod I want to use, selecting a random character, and clicking "Save". I don't think clicking save is necessary, but I just want to be sure, lol

2) Yes, strength will modify your melee damage quite significantly. At lower magnitudes, there won't be much of a difference, but at higher magnitudes, it can get pretty crazy.

For example: A Low magnitude punch at level 3 for a Strength 3 character will do about 7 damage on average. For a Strength 10 character, the same attack (a low level 3 punch) will do about 18 damage.

A High magnitude punch at level 3 for a Strength 3 character will do about 19 damage. That same punch on a strength 10 character will do 51 damage! Big difference!

Strength will also affect knockback distance. A strength 3 character needs a level 3 melee attack with Extreme KB to consistently knock back a person weighing 170lbs. A strength 10 character can send that person flying with a Low KB attack. Magnitude does not matter.

For ranged attacks, it's all the same as a strength 4 melee attack, both in damage and knockback.

EDIT: Look in the yahoo group link DaGlob posted up above. In there, look in the "Freedom Force Charts" section. I made a graph showing how much damage (on average) each attack at each strength will do. Very helpful for quick balance checking!

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

BentonGrey

Yeah man, don't be afraid at all to ask questions!  That's why these boards exist!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

madhubala poem

Several characters in this example minute man his powers are broken into 2 categories 1) Patronism and 2) vigilanice. How do separate them Like that when creating a character?
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

Hmm, interesting question!  I think you can't do that with custom characters.  When you build them in, their powers get sorted into two boxes like that, but I don't know how you label them.  It's never occurred to me.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Incredible Bulk

Oh OK so it's basically just for build in characters
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

And can somebody explain to me the difference between passive and active defense?  For example let's say I was gonna make a Superman what will be the difference between him having a passive defense and A active defense what do they represent or do?
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

Sure.  Basically, an active you have to activate, while a passive is always active.  Active will (sadly) block ALL damage of selected types in  :ffvstr:.  In  :ff: it had its own health rating that could be worn down and was a WAY better system, but I suppose I'm just griping!  :P  Anyway, passive lets you choose a percentage chance to block attacks, and it will always be there in the background.  Minuteman has a passive that lets him sometimes deflect bullets, for example.
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

OK so would it make sense to me or is it just a waste if I were to make a Superman type character and give him concrete skin since  Technically that wishes she'll come from bullets and stuff and also give him a passive shield where piercing projectiles will deflect off?  Those 2 things pretty much will do the same thing?
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

Well, there are a number of design philosophies, but keep in mind that a passive defense will block ALL damage from any blocked attack, so if Darkseid tries to Omega Beam Superman's face off, that would normally hurt, even counting his resistances.  If a PD blocks it though, he takes no damage.  I often would give my characters at least a low-level PD, if it seemed to fit, which added a little extra durability and sometimes fits thematically very well.  For example, it makes perfect sense that Captain America (or Supes, for that matter) will occasionally just deflect incoming attacks.  You can even choose nice FX to show things bouncing off of them. 

So, there's a design component, a thematic component, and a balance component.  You just have to decide where you think a given character would be in those different categories.

Personally, I vacillate between using Physical Resistance + Invulnerability or material type + Invulnerability to simulate high levels of toughness.  I usually also have at least a minor PD for the visual benefit if nothing else. 
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Alright I want to get your opinion on this if you were going to create a new Attribute called 'Infinity Gauntlet' what will you add to the combo?  Also is there a limit of how many you can group together into a combo?
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

Well IB, I'd have to think about that.  You might post a question in the Herofiles section for suggestions.  There is no limit on combo attributes that I know of.  You can look at some of the extant FFX ones as models in Missions/Scripts/ffxmulti.py.  You'll need a Python editor to read it, of course.
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

Ok  I actually never heard of a python editor are there free programs?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

You can just open it with Notepad++

Download Notepad++ and once it's installed, right-click on a .py file that you want to open. Click "Open with Notepad++" and have at it.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

oktokels

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on November 09, 2018, 06:30:24 PM
Alright I want to get your opinion on this if you were going to create a new Attribute called 'Infinity Gauntlet' what will you add to the combo?

mind stone: beautiful, mindless
space stone: body aura, bulk teleporter, group teleport, extradimensional, mass control, phasing, escapologist, super tk
time stone: weather control?
power stone: megablast, energy redirector
reality stone: anti-missiles defence, blessed, Reality Manipulation (full), illusionist, transmutator,  environment control
soul stone: astral projection, cosmic awareness,

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

I can't remember where but there was a thread that talked about if you wanted to have more than 25 enemies on the rumble room. Any one know where it is?
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime