News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Various questions

Started by Incredible Bulk, September 22, 2016, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

I don't know about the more than 25 enemies, but M25 AI is the custom AI created by scripter extraordinaire, M25.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Incredible Bulk

So its a program you download?
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

No, it's part of FFX, integrated with it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Incredible Bulk

Ok i need help with a cloner character. I made two version the Original that can clone and the clone which has everything as the original but cant clone. But how do i o it for when the original clones it does not make a copy of the original but of the clone character i created?
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

I'm not sure there is a way to do that, but simply giving a character a clone power will allow them to make clones that won't clone themselves, I think.
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

is it possible to make a new material for a character, theres Flesh, Metal, Rubber ect i want to make one called Liquid
Sith Prime

daglob

I remember there being several other material states either built-in or accessible through one of the programs. I don't recall a Liquid, though.

Incredible Bulk

oh ok so not possible o make a new one
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

I feel like there is a water type hidden, maybe accessible through Alex's EZHero editor.  As far as I know, you cannot create a new material type, but I don't know much about it.
God Bless

daglob

I fired up EZHero and the alternate material states are there. This might imply that new materials could be created. I wouldn't' even know how to begin.

Liquid would appeal to me for The Glob, although Rubber works alright, it isn't perfect. I guess I need Silly Putty...

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: daglob on December 09, 2018, 04:59:41 AM
I fired up EZHero and the alternate material states are there. This might imply that new materials could be created. I wouldn't' even know how to begin.

Liquid would appeal to me for The Glob, although Rubber works alright, it isn't perfect. I guess I need Silly Putty...
yeah i was looking at that too but had no clue how to even start the process of creating a new one.
Sith Prime

oktokels

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on December 06, 2018, 06:30:45 AM
I can't remember where but there was a thread that talked about if you wanted to have more than 25 enemies on the rumble room. Any one know where it is?

You have to find the "Skirmish" folder, and search there for some python files that start with "CM25 (game mode)",where game mode may be epic mode, free for all, team mode, watch mode and generate AI. Select the game mode you want to modify, and in the script search for the line:

Quotedef OnNumEnemiesCheck():
    return 44

Where 44 is the number of characters i defined for free for all...
FYI, this only worked for me in free for all game mode, i have not been able to make this work in watch mode or generate AI mode. But, there is a way i make this work for Watch mode, specially when i want to see different teams: once you changed the free for all.py, go to free for all and then select all the characters you want, but don't press 'next' just yet,go back, and then go to 'watch mode'. You will see all your characters selected and be able to play with 44 or more characters.

Be warned, with more characters your game performance will be affected.
Hope you understand all, my english is not very good.  :P

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

The Tv Watch mod on Alexx page is not compatible with FFX, is there one out there that is?
Sith Prime

oktokels

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on December 10, 2018, 04:34:33 AM
The Tv Watch mod on Alexx page is not compatible with FFX, is there one out there that is?

If you are playing FF vs 3reich:
as i mentioned earlier, i think FFX comes with a watch mode incorporated. Go to rumble room, and in the list where you select the battle mode, search for m25 watch mode or something like that  :doh:

BentonGrey

I think it's just Watch Mode, and several of the FFX RR modes can serve as this, really.  Check out the FFX manual for full explanations.
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

OK that's weird because I checked and there was no option for a watch mode
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

Sorry, it IS FFX_M25_Watch Mode, or something like that.  It starts with FFX.
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 10, 2018, 08:13:52 PM
Sorry, it IS FFX_M25_Watch Mode, or something like that.  It starts with FFX.
found it thanks
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

question The Ant has two specials in his arsenal, Burrow and Tunnel Travel. However you cant choose those moves to other players? anyone know why?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

It's just the way Irrational programmed it. Very strange.

detourne_me

It depends if the character has the burrow_down and burrow_up keyframes  (i think those are the names.)
They need to be exact names, and they could be any kind of animation, but if they have the right names those specials will be come available for you.
For example, look at some Vision meshes, or Kitty Pryde ones.  I think even my MFF_Ant-Man can use the burrows.

The only other special I'm aware of that does this is 'tumble'  if you have a running or tumbling animation, and rename it 'tumble' they can perform that special (which is moving slightly slower than a sprint, but dodges damage)

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: detourne_me on December 11, 2018, 05:32:00 AM
It depends if the character has the burrow_down and burrow_up keyframes  (i think those are the names.)
They need to be exact names, and they could be any kind of animation, but if they have the right names those specials will be come available for you.
For example, look at some Vision meshes, or Kitty Pryde ones.  I think even my MFF_Ant-Man can use the burrows.

The only other special I'm aware of that does this is 'tumble'  if you have a running or tumbling animation, and rename it 'tumble' they can perform that special (which is moving slightly slower than a sprint, but dodges damage)
thanks thats helpful. Is there a way i can move the ant animation  ro burrow and tunnel to another character?
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

And how do you rename animatioms?
Sith Prime

detourne_me

so the exact names you need are 'burrow_start' for digging down and 'burrow_end' for digging up.
you can change animation names using nifskope or m25's keyframe tool.

you would need to have the same NiNodes on the mesh your are transplanting Ant's keyframes to, as on Ant's mesh. They are like the ingredients that the recipe of the .kf file calls for.  if the mesh doesn't have the ingredients, it can't make the recipe.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

You have links to nifskope and m25 keyframe tool? I want to see which is more user friendly after download
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Quote from: detourne_me on December 11, 2018, 05:32:00 AM

Ooooh, I completely misunderstood the question. Thought that he meant "Can't right click on somebody and tunnel travel to them" :doh: