im new here and im trying add chars to ff2rise of 3r

Started by crosspotts1.0, November 01, 2016, 03:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosspotts1.0

im new here and im trying add chars to ff2rise of 3r so i trying to add baron zemo and i did \Custom\Art\Library\Characters folder. and  the name shows up and when i click on it the game crashes is their somthing else i need to add i dont know any thing else i just got the game any help would be appreciated

daglob

Welcome aboard!

One thing comes to mind immediately, and that is are you certain that this Baron Zemo is for FFv3R? If it hasn't been converted (converter here:  http://www.alexff.com/index.php  . Look on the "goodies" page for EZ Nifconverter), it may not work with the game.

Between FF1 and FFv3R they changed things so that meshes from the first game wouldn't work with the second. In the years since, some of the meshers have created characters that work with either game.

crosspotts1.0

the zemo im trying to add is the one on the top of this u sould see him thru the link http://www.alexff.com/skinmesh_gallery.php?creator=El+Insensatez&category=%&logo=EI i honestly dont know the first thing to moding and do i need any other program to add chars to the game or any thing u might recommend like move or effects or any thing like that and r meshes the whole char or r they just the skin and do they come with the moves already in or do i have to add the moves in sorry for all the questions 

daglob

I'm not really sure what the problem is. The Zemo from Alex comes with both FF1 and FFv3R versions. At present, there is no program to add characters to the game, although Alex is working on one. If you copy the Zemo folder to "Custom Characters" in FF1 and/or to "Characters" in FFv3R, the FF1 version should work immediately. You will need to change the name of the "character" in the FFv3R folder (or erase it), and make "ffv3r_character" just plain "character". Then it should work.

If you load a character into the proper Character Tool for each particular game, it will usually let you know if it is incompatible.

BentonGrey

Welcome to the best community on the Internet, CP!  I'm not sure what the issue you're having is, but I suspect that, as DG indicated, it is probably a compatibility issue.

A great place to begin for those new to the modding community is Alex's FAQ:
http://www.alexff.com/faq.php

It has good info on the basics and will help you get a handle on the practices and terminology of modding.

Now, when you say you are trying to add a character, I assume you mean you have created a Herofile for him in the game, right?

You don't NEED anything other than the basic game (and probably the Nifcoverter that DG mentioned), but to get the most out of it, I would recommend getting FFX and EZFX.  You'll find the latter on Alex's site and you'll find the former here:
http://ffx.freedomforceforever.com/
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BentonGrey

Do you mean a Herofile?  If so, you can just click on 'Characters' from the main menu and choose 'New.'  Check out the FAQ, it's a really helpful document.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

crosspotts1.0

i notice that alot of the wikies or all r not up and alot of sites r down also why is that we lose so much content should we have a down load arcive of some sort spfic to skins meshes bases tools and all to make finding every thing eaiser to find plus we could keep it forever in stad of it gone dose any one have this i think it would make the site eaiser to get people searching for things also what mesh should i use for green goblin skin and what mesh sould i use for  mysterio also is ther a way to make it so evry body has all the key frames so i can mix and mach wich ones i like on them with out puting them on the meshes in programs i dont have sory for all the qustions

BentonGrey

Well CP, you don't have to apologize for asking questions.  That's part of why the forums exist in the first place.  I will say, though, that your posts are rather hard to read.  You'll get better responses if you use punctuation and capitalization.  If people have a hard time reading your questions and requests, it is less likely that they'll be willing to help you.  :) 

As to your questions, correct me if I'm distilling them incorrectly:

• Why are so many sites down?  Well, the community is doing extremely well considering that it exists to serve a game that is over a decade old.  Still, folks drop out, life gets in the way, and sites go down.  I'm afraid it's the nature of the beast.  Most content is still available though, even if it isn't as easily accessible, which leads me to your next question...
  • Why don't we have an easily searchable database?  The short answer is, because that is a pretty huge undertaking!  The long one is that some of our best community members are actually working on solutions to this problem.  Check out the Freedom Force Historical Preservation thread in this subforum.
  • What meshes should you use for Green Goblin and Mysterio: I like TJ's Green Goblin, and C6 and TUE both have beautiful skins for him.  I'm a fan of Gren's Mysterio, and once again, TUE has a great skin for him.  You can request these things in the Requests subforum.  There's a master list of Yahoo groups that can probably point you in the right direction if someone doesn't have them on hand.
  • I'm not sure I understand your last question about keyframes.  Could you clarify?
God Bless

Tomato

Quote from: BentonGrey on November 02, 2016, 09:05:00 PM

• What meshes should you use for Green Goblin and Mysterio: I like TJ's Green Goblin, and C6 and TUE both have beautiful skins for him.  I'm a fan of Gren's Mysterio, and once again, TUE has a great skin for him.  You can request these things in the Requests subforum.  There's a master list of Yahoo groups that can probably point you in the right direction if someone doesn't have them on hand.

He posted a thread already, and I posted links to both meshes in said thread, as well as to tommyboy's green goblin.

crosspotts1.0

about the key frames is their a way to combine all of them and add them to each char cause some key frames which r the moves right go with other chars so u would have all these moves to chose from instead of just the few they have. so it would be like a universal key frames to be applied to every char in case u want to change any char in to what ever u want.  tomato boy thank u ur help was very appreciated. do u know of a hammer head mesh? im sorry im very dyslectic punctuation  i dont realize i dont use it i just try to get my thoughts out be for i loses it

Tomato

So basically what you're saying is one master set of keyframes instead of a bunch of different ones?

If that's what you're trying to say, the simple answer is no, that's not a good idea.

It would certainly be useful to have for selecting attack animations, but different keyframes also have sets of basic motions (running, jumping, flying, etc) that cannot be easily swapped out in-game... thus the need for different animation "sets" for each character. Not to mention that each mesh using such a set of keyframes would need to include every object those animations call for... every gun, every sword, every glider, every fx, etc.

That being said, there IS a method of taking a set of generic keyframes and linking it to multiple meshes without copying each set to every single folder, but it's been such a long time since I've played that I do not remember exactly how it works.

detourne_me

Quote from: Tomato on November 02, 2016, 11:23:50 PM

That being said, there IS a method of taking a set of generic keyframes and linking it to multiple meshes without copying each set to every single folder, but it's been such a long time since I've played that I do not remember exactly how it works.

Yeah, it's been a while for me too.
I believe you just make a keyframes.txt file that includes an address to the keyframes you want.
I'll update my post with more info after i get home

Panther_Gunn

The way I'm doing it is by having all of the character nif files that I want to use the same keyframes all in the same folder (renaming most of the nifs, of course), and all of their skins in the same path as well.  It requires a little bit of organization, and I have to rely on Alex's old v 1 Hero Tool to help me figure out which mesh name some of my characters are using, but it works.  Not, however, that I need the extra space as much anymore, going from a 20 Gb HD to a 350 Gb, on a dedicated machine.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

daglob

I have a sub-directory in the Characters folder which itself has folder for each of the keyframes. The keyfrmes are in the folder (named after the kf, Male_Basic_Superman_Ren, for instance) and along with the keyframes is a text file that has the address for those kf. I copy the text file to the folder with the .nif, and it seems to work.

I was told once that this only works in FFv3R.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on November 04, 2016, 01:22:38 AM
I have a sub-directory in the Characters folder which itself has folder for each of the keyframes. The keyfrmes are in the folder (named after the kf, Male_Basic_Superman_Ren, for instance) and along with the keyframes is a text file that has the address for those kf. I copy the text file to the folder with the .nif, and it seems to work.

I was told once that this only works in FFv3R.

Yeah, as far as I can tell, it's only for FFvt3R.

Here's a Picture of an older set up, that kind of shows what they're talking about:

In the Folder titled "Animations", were all my different Keyframe sets. While in the other Folders were the Meshes and Skins. And instead of having an actual set of Keyframes in each Mesh, I had a Text File. That Text File was labeled "Keyframes" and pointed to the actual Keyframes that were in the "Animations" Folder.

Here is an example of how the Text File would read if it was in the "Batman_Gren" Mesh:

C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\Animations\Batman_Gren.kf

crosspotts1.0

well thank u every one i wish i understood every thing that was posted  :doh: but i dont but i will try it that way when i have time