News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Adding FX to movement abilities...

Started by daglob, May 20, 2016, 04:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

How do you do it? the only way I know how is to use the hero creation section of the game and add one of the few "run" effects to Speeding Bullet or the few FX for Teleport. Not all the characters will have "Run" show up in the animations for SB, and there isn't anything to add the fire to The Human Torch or anything. I know I have seen how to do it, but I don't know where to go to find it. Could someone point me to the information?

detourne_me

I believe this can only be done with built-in characters, not custom characters.  If I remember correctly there is a tutorial for doing this included in some of the Flying_FX from FXForce. For example the Jean_Grey_Flying_FX or something similar.
I  wish I could provide more info,  I just opened up FFEdit to check and it's all blank.  somehow it got wiped clean and I need to reload my data paths. ...ugh.

hoss20

I also believe that there was something about the fact that even with the built-ins, the FX does not function in the Rumble Room. Maybe that was for FF1. Like you, Daglob, I also seem to recall that someone did find a workaround for this some time ago besides making characters built-ins. Perhaps, it's the tutorial that DM mentioned, though.

Cyber Burn

Here's the Tutorial that was in the "Starfire_Fly" FX by Captain Spud and MikeB7:

1) In FFEdit, on the Templates tab, create a character
-Name: CHARACTERNAME
-Class: GAME_OBJ_HERO
-Example NIF: Browse and navigate to the character.nif of the mesh your character is on.

2) Then go to the Character tab
-Name: CHARACTERNAME

3) On the FX tab
-Name: flying_CHARACTERNAME
-Nif Base: Browse and navigate to the folder that contains your flying FX
-Attack Type: Special
-Attack Sub Type: None

Then load up a mod (or the main game) and on the screen with Mission Briefing, Team, Database, etc. type the code:

Campaign_Recruit('CHARACTERNAME')

Your character should now become available to go on the next mission and have the flying FX.

To use flying FX in the Danger Room
-You must have FFX installed
- Assign tempform to the Character tab Attributes
- Create a character in-game with the shapeshifter attribute.

Then take both the shapeshifter (created in-game) and tempform (Editor-created) characters into the Danger Room.  You should be able to switch forms to the Editor-created hero and the flying FX should appear.

heroidosilencio

Cyberburn, does this options is possible in the standard game FFVTR too? I mean, whithout the other mods installed?

Cyber Burn

Honestly, I've never tried this, so I can't say for sure. But hopefully, someone who has more experience in this area will jump in.