News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

ELECTR0 stuff 2016/2017

Started by ELECTR0, October 15, 2016, 07:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELECTR0

I reinstalled  :ffvstr: and after playing around a little with it, I got the itch to make some content. Here is a preview of Fin from Marvel's Wild Pack team. If you have any ideas for better gloves let me know.

Mesh pieces list :

Male_Heavy (base mesh)
Base skin = Murs47
Shoulder rings = Colossal_Boy1 by Tommyboy
Leg boot tops = iron_man_MK21_tvlite by Tommyboy
wristbands = male_heavy_bigbelt_armbands by Grenadier
belt = champion_thv by Tommyboy
Fin = Yondu by Beyonder
chest disk = asgardian_tv by Tommyboy

OrWolvie1

Quote from: ELECTR0 on October 15, 2016, 07:50:50 PM
I reinstalled  :ffvstr: and after playing around a little with it, I got the itch to make some content. Here is a preview of Fin from Marvel's Wild Pack team. If you have any ideas for better gloves let me know.

Mesh pieces list :

Male_Heavy (base mesh)
Base skin = Murs47
wristbands = male_heavy_bigbelt_armbands by Grenadier
Fin = Yondu by Beyonder

Looks awesome!  :thumbup:

daglob

Hey! Good to see you back. And you brought a present!

ELECTR0

Thanks guys! He's almost ready, just have to adjust the skin and attach some sort of cylinder/tube objects to his belt. I'm a bit rusty at this, so fingers crossed that my skope pieces animate ok. I've only tested it with the normal male heavy keys and there are some slight issues, like when he falls dead the gloves seem to slide a little to the left & exposes the arm below. Not sure what to do about that.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: ELECTR0 on October 15, 2016, 09:28:05 PM
Thanks guys! He's almost ready, just have to adjust the skin and attach some sort of cylinder/tube objects to his belt. I'm a bit rusty at this, so fingers crossed that my skope pieces animate ok. I've only tested it with the normal male heavy keys and there are some slight issues, like when he falls dead the gloves seem to slide a little to the left & exposes the arm below. Not sure what to do about that.

Quick question, did you paste the Gloves on the Skope onto the same Nodes that they were on in the Mesh that you copied them from?

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

ELECTR0

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 15, 2016, 09:38:59 PM

Quick question, did you paste the Gloves on the Skope onto the same Nodes that they were on in the Mesh that you copied them from?

Yes their on the L/Rforearm. It's probably just how I have them matched up is wrong. Maybe i'll try different gloves & see what happens, since these really don't match the design of the character.

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on October 15, 2016, 09:51:52 PM
Nice job Electro

Thanks Bulk!

spydermann93

Wow! Thank looks really well done, Electro! I especially love the scales. :wub:

And welcome back, man! ^_^

Cyber Burn

Quote from: ELECTR0 on October 15, 2016, 11:11:47 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 15, 2016, 09:38:59 PM

Yes their on the L/Rforearm. It's probably just how I have them matched up is wrong. Maybe i'll try different gloves & see what happens, since these really don't match the design of the character.

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on October 15, 2016, 09:51:52 PM
Nice job Electro

Thanks Bulk!

Did you move them after you pasted them onto your Skope? If so, then that might be the culprit.

ELECTR0

Link : https://electroslair.blogspot.com/

VIDEO

Credit :
Spoiler
Mesh pieces/skin credit list :

Male_Heavy (base mesh)
Base skin = Murs47
wristbands = elders_champion_heavy_t by Tommyboy
Fin = Yondu by Beyonder
Belt cylinders = antman_tvlite by Tommyboy

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 16, 2016, 01:34:23 AM
Did you move them after you pasted them onto your Skope? If so, then that might be the culprit.

I went with another set of wristbands from Tommyboy's other Champion mesh. These wristbands seem to work better for some reason, as well as look more appropriate for Fin's armor.

Quote from: spydermann93 on October 16, 2016, 01:20:46 AM
Wow! Thank looks really well done, Electro! I especially love the scales. :wub:

And welcome back, man! ^_^

Thanks Spidey! :D

BentonGrey

Hey Electro!  Welcome back, man!  I hadn't seen you in a while.  Finn looks fantastic.  That is an excellent skin.  I don't know the character, but he looks like an aquatic fellow, so that's a point in his favor.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

ELECTR0

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 17, 2016, 05:09:24 AM
Hey Electro!  Welcome back, man!  I hadn't seen you in a while.  Finn looks fantastic.  That is an excellent skin.  I don't know the character, but he looks like an aquatic fellow, so that's a point in his favor.  :)

It's pretty rare to see a black aquatic character. I can only think of one other and that's Black Manta. I don't know much about Fin either, from what I read about him, he is strong and somewhat durable, can't be out of water for to long & is good at science/chemistry. He's also a monster of a man standing at 7'2.

BentonGrey

Cool!  Yeah, that's true.  Since most aquatic characters are linked to Atlantis or the like in one way or another, they tend to be white.  I guess the other exception is the modern Aqualad.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

ELECTR0

Going to try and make Man-Eater next. Here is what I got so far on the skope.

Base mesh = Sabertooth by Ink
Tiger face = Oedi by Bearded
Armbands & orbs = marvel_boy_tf by Tommyboy
Belt = elders_champion_t by Tommyboy

Cyber Burn

Not familiar with this one either, but definitely impressed.

laughing paradox

Electro!

This looks great! Can't wait for the Man-Eater skope. Going to do Lightbright, too?

ELECTR0

Quote from: laughing paradox on October 23, 2016, 06:11:22 PM
Electro!

This looks great! Can't wait for the Man-Eater skope. Going to do Lightbright, too?

I just looked at her & she looks pretty cool. I'll give her a try, but i'm not really good at painting females. So if it looks bad, feel free to make fun of me. 

ELECTR0

What I have so far on a Zangief Skope. Just started on the skin & only painted the armbands & some scars. The rest is just a placeholder.

Credit :

Base Skin = Murs47
Base Mesh = male_heavy_bigbelt_armbands by Grenadier.
Mohawk hair = Gladiator_Ren by Renegade
Chest & leg hair = Sasquatch by Ink
Belt disks = goliath_tf by Tommyboy

ELECTR0

I made some good progress since my last post. Added beard & leg rings from hercules_new_tf, boot flaps from black_knight_tv, jacket from rage_thvlite all by Tommyboy. The jacket and boot flaps are for an alternate Zangief skin.

detourne_me

Awesome! I really like these SF skins with alternates, like your Balrog!

ELECTR0

Thanks Detourne_me, I hope to update that Balrog & get him re-released. This is the last update on Zangief before he is released which should hopefully be in a day or two. The plan is to release him with 3 skins, Original, SF 4 alternate & SF 5 alternate. I haven't decided if i'm going to do a Mech Zangief yet, but if I do it won't be on this skope. The new skoped pieces are Hat = frozen_giant by Irrational Games, Hat ties = Isaiah_Bradley_REN by Renegade, Knee pads = Checkmate_Knightv2_Armored by Grenadier & Wrist rings = controller_thv by Tommyboy.

deanjo2000

Very nice, I love the alts for him  :D
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

windblown

spydermann93

Looking great, Electro!

Now all we need are some bears for him to piledrive :P

Podmark

Cool skins. I really like how you included multiple outfits.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

ELECTR0

It's taking me more time than originally thought, plus i'm having a few issues with the mesh. So I thought i'd share an image of some progress of one of the skins. Hair textures seems to be one of my weaknesses & I try to avoid them until the end. If anyone has any tips on painting hair feel free to chime in. I studied some of C6's hair textures and tried his style, but it looked all clone. Right now i'm just using some smuge work for the hair & it just looks ok. I don't know why I can't come up with a formula for hair & it's frustrating.

Quote from: windblown on November 08, 2016, 09:27:39 PM
Very nice skins!

Thanks i'm trying, i've spent years drawing pixel art and grown accustom to that. So i'm trying to break a few techniques that I learned doing that to do textures again and it's a little ruff for me.

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 08, 2016, 11:25:59 PM
Looking great, Electro!

Now all we need are some bears for him to piledrive :P

When I release him for the YouTube video i'll use your idea to showcase the skope, make Zangief fight a bear etc...

Quote from: Podmark on November 09, 2016, 12:18:54 AM
Cool skins. I really like how you included multiple outfits.

Thanks I appreciate that.

Cyber Burn

Murs 47 has a YouTube Video giving a Tutorial which shows his Method of Skinning Hair, that could be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBKqmc8fMPI&feature=youtu.be

As for my method, I kind of Cheat, I usually take photos of family and friends, and use their hair to fill my needs. It definitely turns out 100 times better than anything that I would have been able to do.

Your use of Mesh pieces is quite creative on this, very nice.  :thumbup:

daglob

I use Dodge and Burn on a mid-range color to do hair. There is a Photoshop brush that is basically a bunch of individual points that creates a streaked effect that kind of looks like hair. I'll then use the same brush to smear at around 30-40% and try to follow the contour of the "hair". I've also taken a color, dodged and burned it for highlights and shadows, run the noise filter on it, and used that brush to smear the noise. That works best for fur.

I'm seldom 100% satisfied, but it doesn't look too bad in the game.

ELECTR0

Thanks for the tips guys! Zangief is finished for now, but I might revisit the skins again later and update them & add another costume. I wanted to add in a Red Cyclone styled costume were he has his cape on. I tried to skope a cape, but it didn't work.

Cyber Burn

Nice! Is this all one Mesh/Skope, or 3 different ones? As for the Cape, if you want an Animated one, you'll probably want to start with a Mesh that already has one, maybe Grenadier's "Drax the Destroyer", or one of Tommyboy's Versatile Type Meshes, something that already has the Cape Node attached to it.