Help yet again: New Blender Installation Blues...

Started by daglob, October 16, 2016, 08:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I know you can weld pieces together in Nifscope, but how?

daglob

I didn't get an answer to this before; maybe no one noticed. I still need to know how to make two mesh pieces one.

Deaths Jester

I got no idea...didn't even know you could break out the arc welder and weld stuff together in Nifskope.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

detourne_me

I never knew this was possible either.  I thought the easiest would be to just paste all of the pieces under a single branch, then you can copy and paste that branch.
I do all my welding in Blender with the join objects function Ctrl+J

daglob

That's probably it; I think you gave the answer last time I asked, I just can't find the post.

UnkoMan

Yeah, I usually just stick them on the same branch. They won't go anywhere without one another.
Is there a difference? Would they do different things? Do you get to readjust mapping that way? I'm so curious.

daglob

What I want to do is put some inflated pig's bladders* on Male Jester's staff. I can't hook them to his hand because they don't stay on the staff that way.

*It's a Mardi Gras thing.

Deaths Jester

You and your pig bladders...

UnkoMan

Disgusting.
But yeah, you can even toss the one trishape onto the other trishape. I've done it before and it didn't seem to cause problems, but I dunno if I just lucked out or what.

daglob

It is disgusting, but it is tradition... although I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the last few years a couple of rubber balloons had been substituted.

daglob

I'm apparently dong something wrong because they keep moving slightly off placement.

UnkoMan

Hmmm, I dunno. If they don't have that skin instance info, I was under the impression they mostly go where you want them... Although I have had trouble with Ren's pieces in the past.
Sorry, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what to tell you. Unless you wanted to send a copy to play with, but generally you are somebody that I turn to for help, ha ha.

Cyber Burn

I could take a look at things for you, but it wouldn't be until the weekend at the earliest.

But on the plus side, I have started the other project.  :D

daglob

This is a scope transplanting some of the parts from Mars Attacks to Ghostbusters. I have tried changing the size of the meshes, and it keeps stretching the Martian out. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Deaths Jester

Which keys are you trying to use?

daglob

The ones that come with Ghostbusters. I used the handle node to shrink the GB mesh to 0.8x it's size, which I had checked out to see how much smaller MA was. I also just shrank the mesh, which I didn't think would work (and it didn't). The white helmet is because my graphics card hates alpha channels.

Deaths Jester

Hmm...I was thinking that due to the Ghostbuster mesh was based off male basic kf that would be the problem with the stretching. But if you shrunk it then it should still work...unless the keys are set at certain sizes only and stretchs the mesh to fit them. Am unsure...

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Deaths Jester on March 31, 2018, 10:15:28 PM
Hmm...I was thinking that due to the Ghostbuster mesh was based off male basic kf that would be the problem with the stretching. But if you shrunk it then it should still work...unless the keys are set at certain sizes only and stretchs the mesh to fit them. Am unsure...

That's actually what I was thinking. I wonder what would happen if things were Skoped onto a regular "Male_Basic" Mesh? Just to see what happens, you know?

daglob

I installed the newest Blender, and I can't seem to get it to recognize and import .nif flies. Any suggestions? I did Ewwzy's installation, but I think it is installing some of the stuff for the previous Blender and not this one.

Cyber Burn

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wi3zrgusqstr2bu/Blender_-_The_Tools_of_the_Trade.7z

Give this a try, I put this together a while back, and it works on my Desktop (W10), and my Laptop (W8.1).

daglob

Thanks! I'll let you know.

For those of you who are curious, the new version of Blender is 4.79b.

spydermann93

@Cyber: So this is the newest blender and it can import nifs?

daglob

You can get add-ons that will let you install some file formats that aren't in the default list. I'm too tired to straighten the mess I have here out tonight (physical therapy is a killer).

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on April 07, 2018, 03:02:12 AM
@Cyber: So this is the newest blender and it can import nifs?

Hey Spyder, what I put up was 2.49b, but I have been able to import (.nif) files with it. It's actually how I've been able to retro-convert some things.

daglob

As near as I can tell, I have a set of scripts and such to generate an add on. I sure am glad I have the old version of Blender.

detourne_me

What are some of the differences between the Blender versions?
Personally, I've only used the set of files that Ewzzy linked on his sites, the Autodesk fbx convertor and XNALara XPS for different format types.