News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

COLOSSUS

Started by heroidosilencio, October 22, 2016, 11:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heroidosilencio

I like to play the normal game FFVTCH without other mods.

Do you have any idea to use with Colossus?  I mean, to make him turn to metal or make him thoughter during just a period of time?

Cyber Burn

I've got a few Hero Files for him that I've downloaded from different Members, I'd be glad to share them with you if you're interested. Just let me know.

spydermann93

If he's a built-in character, you could have him transform like Law and Order.

You could also make it so Colossus can't regain energy (or does so very slowly) and would need to turn back into his human form to recharge.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything to make him be Colossus for a short time.

heroidosilencio

spiderman93, I got very interested in your idea.

I never learned how to use  the power from Law and Order in the FFVTR.

Could you teach me step by step how to do that?

1) Make him a built-in character (I guess I should do that with  FFEdit, but besides that, I don't know the entire process).

2) After doing that how do I give   him the power to transform like Law and Order?

3) And How can I control  regaining energy (or does so very slowly) and would need to turn back into his human form to recharge. (is it possible to make it with FFVTR without ffx???)

And Cyberburn, I would love to see your colossus heroe files. Send them to me please.

spydermann93

Ok, so for the transformation to work, you have make your character a built-in character using FFEdit (EzHero can transfer your custom characters to FFEdit for you).  You MUST do this for both tranformations.

In FFEdit, go to the character's entry in the "Character" tab and in the "Alter Ego" field, type the name of the transformation (it must be the name of the character in FFEdit).  Do this for both transformations.

Add the transform power to both characters.  You should now be ready to try them out in-game and it should work.  I've never tested this myself, but I'm thinking that it could work.

As for the energy thing, you could just set the Metal Colossus' energy stat to something like 2 or 1 and make his human form have an energy stat of 4 or 5.  This would give the player a reason to transform; to regain energy so that they can use the metal Colossus' fun abilities.

heroidosilencio

And where can I set  the Metal to Colossus' energy stat to something like 2 or 1??

daglob

What about Involuntary Change? And what attribute is it that won't let you recover? Is it energy or stun or what?

heroidosilencio

spydermann93, I did everything you did and I was able to sent the mesh Colossus Human form to my dat file.

But, even changing its "Alter Ego " field, and typing the the name of the character from FFedi  that I want him to  transform colossus human form character did not change to other ffedit character I choosed.

I try to give him Law transform power to him but it did not work.

When you said for the energy thing, I could just set the Metal Colossus' energy stat to something like 2 or 1 and make his human form have an energy stat of 4 or 5.  How could I do that?

Hello, Daglob. About involuntary form do you mean?  "Adaptative"? In fact I was relly trying to make it change to another character without having to install ffx.

About the attribute I didn't want him to recover, I was talking about changing him to metal form and make it does not last longer... But I am starting to think that without ffx it will not be possible. :P

Thank you for your both help