News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Finally made one

Started by Ozymandiasveis, November 24, 2016, 11:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozymandiasveis

So since I'm on thanksgiving break from school and finished all possible work (cause I'm a workaholic like that) I decided to boot up gimp and create my first skin! Its nothing too Earth shattering, since its just some slight re-coloring of Beyonder's male_basic_cape mesh, though I do see a few improvements I could make too (mainly creating layers for the next skin so the end product will have muscles where they should be and not patches of color) but I just wanted to put a step into the skinning world and made something fairly quick (like 30 minutes lol) so if you want to check him out heres the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2nd85865u5a8mrw/Negative.zip (I named him negative since the look I was going for was a symbiote of sorts, but its sort of like energy has fully bonded with this regular guy (probably will make a dossier on him over the weekend) Anyway guys hope your having an awesome day/night and look forward to saying whats up soon!

detourne_me

Sweet. Im glad to see more creators enter the game.
I like how your skin has some nice line work. Were you using the wireframe as a guide? It really becomes useful as you practice more.

Ozymandiasveis

Actually I was using Gimps circle/box feature that lets you color in stuff as you go on, then I would zoom in and color in the edges and stuff (if I made any mistakes just going into the history helped me alot) but I'll probably use the wireframe in my next one! (Thinking of making a female skin using the character Law as a base for coloring)

Cyber Burn

If you want to use the Wireframe as a Base, then I would suggest using Microwave instead of Law. It's much easier to Skin, and really helped me out when I first started Skinning.

Ozymandiasveis

Thanks for the advice! I was actually thinking of making a military variant of Microwave anyways! (Sort of like an alternate timeline where Microwave wasanalyzed by a government black ops team and used to keep freedom force from risking innocent lives in their battles,so I'll be working on that for a few days!