Modifing starting chars in missions?

Started by Older Me, November 04, 2016, 03:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Older Me

Hi guys, I'm another newcomer , im starting to grasp this fascinating world of posibilities.
I'm wondering if its posible, or allowed to edit a mod or something that would allow me to choose which character I want to use in a mission,
lets say take the Ultimate Trio mod and use Polaris as one of my main characters.

I also want to thank you all for the effort you put in making these mods

Cyber Burn

I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but just haven't had the time. However, try checking out this thread, and see if you get any suggestions:

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=58447.0

Older Me

Thanks a lot, il try my best, also  scarse of time

catwhowalksbyhimself

If I remember right (and it has been a while) all that is required is to edit the mission map and remove the specific heroes from the map and replace them with markers named according to a certain scheme.  I think it's Hero_1 and so forth, but if you find a map for a mission that has both fixed and selectable heroes, you'll be able to see the pattern yourself.  I believe that is the only change needed.  Again, it's been many years, so I might not remember it correctly.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Migromul

Hi. How do I add more recruitable campaign-characters? I can modify characters in FFEdit to be "campaign only", but they don't appear...
Especialy not in the patcity-mod.

BentonGrey

Howdy Migromul!  You have to add them into the campaign itself, which can be done through script commands.  I don't know how to do it with Python, but you might be able to figure it out by looking at the mission.py for missions that add new characters.  In EZScript, it's quite simple, but Pat City and the like doesn't use EZS.

:EDIT:  A quick look at the first mission reveals this command:
QuoteCampaign_Recruit('alchemiss')

Judging from what I know about the game and EZS, I'd GUESS that the command you want is:
QuoteCampaign_Add('alchemiss')
I'm not certain though.  If you look through the other missions files when recruitable characters are added, you'll be sure to find it.  I'm afraid that I can't remember when such characters show up.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/