so i got a steam question about instaling mods

Started by crosspotts1.0, November 06, 2016, 06:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosspotts1.0

so i got a steam question about installing mods im having a lot of problems i have windows 8 and its been a pain for me i set my short cuts up like this im tring to add the marvel adventures and i thought i did every thing right and here r my setings

(target)"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich - Copy\ffvt3r.exe" "-game MA" "-log"

(start in)"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich - Copy\MA\..\"

id like to know what im doing wrong cause every time i do it its the base game it loads

spydermann93

Don't put the quotes around the -game MA log

There should only be quotes around the path

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game ffx3 -log

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\ffx3\..\"

crosspotts1.0

ok il try it that way and post if it works thank u in avance

crosspotts1.0

so i still cant get it to open this is what i got now so what am i doing wrong i dont understand its still the base game do i need another program in stalled to my  :ffvstr:

(target)"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich - Copy\ffvt3r.exe" -game MA -log

(start in)"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich - Copy\MA\..\"

spydermann93

I don't know if this is an issue, but it seems you're not running your mods from your actual :ffvstr: folder. Steam is kinda weird with it's directories (as I found out), so try putting your mod folder inside your :ffvstr:, not the copy of it.

Symon

The general advice with steam or ANY game you intend to mod is to never install anything in the default location.
e.g. ~\Program Files (x86)\Steam\~

UAC and modern defendants do their best to make the Program Files directories inviolate and it sees a mod as an unauthorized change.
Try moving steam to another location, e.g ~\games\Steam~ or something. Their are instructions around for how to move your steam folders.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

crosspotts1.0

thank u  spydermann93 it worked and thank u Symon for ur response

BentonGrey

I'm glad you figured this out.  Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you, CP, but I've been crazy busy!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

crosspotts1.0

Quote from: BentonGrey on November 07, 2016, 08:37:22 PM
I'm glad you figured this out.  Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you, CP, but I've been crazy busy!
its all good also when doing the fantastic 4 campaing the first level the wizard head talking nif is missing so i cant contune just so u know also some level go compleatly black after the cut scen iron man first stage some times