Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: The good, the bad, and the ugly-Three side effects of cancer treatment:  (Read 30570 times)

Offline SickAlice

• Virtual prophet and aspiring beet farmer
  • bing cherry
    • The Litterbox aka MeanJellybean
Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly-Son-In-Law
« Reply #570 on: June 02, 2019, 07:29:41 PM »
You got more good things in life. Just popped in this one to see how it is going and had to page up. You're here, you survived cancer and a hurricane as far as I've read. Have a house, a cat and caring people. Just remember and I know this one is frustrating at times but most people care it's just that most do not know how to express it, they're stunted in that regard. More and more really people become comfortable with being snarky trolls but most often the words still mean they care about you. You've done well is what I'm saying, give yourself a pat on the back for a life well fought and lived.

Offline daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly-Son-In-Law
« Reply #571 on: June 02, 2019, 08:51:45 PM »
Thank you Alice.

Offline daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly-Three side effects of cancer treatment:
« Reply #572 on: June 07, 2019, 04:26:57 PM »
Weight gain, bone loss, and... and... and...

My sister tells me that my memory problems aren't from the hormone treatment, but from the treatment that keeps me from developing osteoporosis. She said that she was having the same problem when she was under treatment for that. Now that it is done, she says she has recovered and is amazed at how good she feels. I don't get to stop as long as I'm on the hormone treatment, and my father was on it for twelve years.  :angry:

On the lighter side, Diego is adjusting to being a house cat fairly well. The other cats still don't like him, but they have begun to ignore him. I'm still putting him in the bathroom when I'm not home and at night (I don't want to have to get up and stop any more cat fights than I already do). He has filled out and his leg has has healed up, although it seems to be a little weaker than the other.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #573 on: June 08, 2019, 04:10:52 AM »
Well, I guess you've got your pick of causes there, unfortunately.  Sorry my friend.  At least there's the possibility that you might get off of it eventually.  Here's hoping!

Hey, being ignored is pretty close to acceptance for cats!  That's good news.  I hope that they'll come around soon.  It took our boys a month before they stopped trying to murder each other.  :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey2

Offline SickAlice

• Virtual prophet and aspiring beet farmer
  • bing cherry
    • The Litterbox aka MeanJellybean
« Reply #574 on: June 08, 2019, 05:20:45 PM »
Hormone treatment. I'm on that. Honestly I don't think it's as bad as people say. I haven't grown any appendages and there was a bit of an emotional roller coaster in the first month or so but flax seemed to balance it out. Else it's evened out and seems to actually help a bit. And again memory loss friend, that's a if the thunder doesn't get you the lighting will thing. Hit's everyone just the older we get anyways. Notebooks, I live by them. Leave text notes for daily things with your Freedom Force stuff on your PC, so on. It works.