News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Resizing Selection and Bounding Boxes

Started by detourne_me, November 11, 2016, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

So In this skope,  I used Valandar's Robotech Monster Mesh as a based, and skoped it down to human size by changing the scale of the Scene Root.
I've even deleted all Keyframes that refer to selection box, bounding box and weapon, but I still end up with an oversized selection ring, and out of place FX and attacks. 
Any ideas?

spydermann93

Have you tried decreasing the size of the selection box itself? Maybe shrinking the Scene Root didn't affect that enough?

daglob

It was suggested to me to re-size it using the Handle Node. Someplace here is a thread about how to transplant a Handle if the mesh does't already have one.

detourne_me

I've manually resized the weapon node, selection and bounding boxes, adjusting their dimensions to better shape ED-209, instead of the original mesh.  I just have no idea why they would spring back to the original size while the mesh itself stays small. I thought it could be the keyframes, that's why i purged them of mentions.

Should I try keeping the Scene Root at a scale of 1, but manually shrink down everything else?

detourne_me

It worked! :thumbup:

However sometimes skoping goes wrong (in totally proportion bending ways), check out this video of another attempt at an import :wacko: Yikes!  :blink:

spydermann93

:lol:

Spoiler
Looks like Ripley has been practicing some Yoga to destress :P

daglob

Either that or drinking gingold, bathing in acid, or sunning herself in cosmic rays.

spydermann93

SickAlice

Concur, I had to do this with the ball ones. There's also information in the keys about contacts then can be altered to help with stuff like this (mesh is hitting something but from far away for example).