Started by crosspotts1.0, November 12, 2016, 09:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosspotts1.0

so i just installed everything for blender in the order i needed to

but i dont know where to place them i had put them in the blender file

but i sill cant import nif files did i place them wrong

thank u for any help

detourne_me

Did you follow the order and Blender tutorial on Ewzzy's site?  It's probably the best way to get started. http://www.freedomforce.ewzzy.com/Blender.php

crosspotts1.0

i read it but the video wont show up and when i click the link for it it just gose to 404 not found error

sorry for my incompetent annoyance i wish i was better at this

Cyber Burn

I know you said you can't import any Nif Files, but are you able to get Blender to run?

crosspotts1.0

yes sorry should of specified that in the my post i can get blender to run but cant get the plug ins to work

detourne_me

Which version of blender is it? The nif plugins only work with the older v2.4x one on ewzzy's site. Not the latest version 2.78.

crosspotts1.0

im just trying to figer  out where i need to put all the files i downloaded in blender so i can import and export nif files for nif scope

Cyber Burn

If you've already installed NifSkope, then see if this helps: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2603&start=0

Wish I could be more helpful here, but it's been a while since I've done this.

crosspotts1.0

no unfourtly it just says what order to download them in not where to place the files for the pugins thanks any way though

Cyber Burn

Is it just the Blender Nif Scripts that you're stuck on?

crosspotts1.0

i downloaded all of these 

Python 2.6.4 (32 bit) i dont know where to place this

PyFFI 2.1.2, i dont know if i place this in the blender folder and if i do where

Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.2 i dont know if i place this in the blender folder and if i do where

dose that clarify what im trying to find out

sorry i just got out of work and im a littel short right now and my brains not processing my typing

Cyber Burn

Couldn't sleep last night, so I did some research to try to figure this out. This is what I came up with:

Download and install Python - This is an Executable File, run it, and it should automatically be placed here: C:\

Download and install Blender - This is an Executable File, run it, and it should automatically be placed here: C:>Program Files (x86)\

Download and install PyFFI - This is an Executable File, run it, and it should automatically go where it's supposed to, but I'm just not sure where exactly that is.

Download and install the Blender NIF Scripts - This is an Executable File, run it, and it should automatically be placed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\NifTools\ (But Something should go to your Blender Foundation Folder as well...I think)

It's recommended that you use the Installers/Exe Files, and not the Zip Files, when installing these, and make sure that, when prompted, that you use the default settings so everything goes where it's supposed to. So basically, everything automatically goes where you want it to go, and you shouldn't have to worry about specifically placing anything.

crosspotts1.0

is there a way to import kf because it give me an error

detourne_me

No, unfortunately you can't do anything to keyframes in Blender.

spydermann93

What was the tool Gren used to make his KF's? I thought it was Blender. I'm confused :wacko:

crosspotts1.0

crap is there a free tool i can use to make key frames and to view them and edit the mesh to mach the animations ?

spydermann93

I know that there was a tutorial by Grenadier that mentioned using some sort of tool to modify keyframes, but I don't remember what the tool is.

Cyber's Yahoo Group should have an archive of the tutorial: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/conversations/messages

daglob

You can do some stuff with Nifscope, but the most I've ever done was change "Fly (something)" to "Fly" and rename the original so that it wouldn't conflict.

Wonder what Windblown uses...

Cyber Burn

As far as I know, there are 3 methods to editing Keyframes:

1) 3DS Max.

2) NifSkope.

3) M25's Keyframe Editing Tool.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 20, 2016, 09:01:22 PM
As far as I know, there are 3 methods to editing Keyframes:

1) 3DS Max.

2) NifSkope.

3) M25's Keyframe Editing Tool.

Ahhh, that actually might be what I was thinking of!

Cyber Burn

Dagon Daglob has a good point though, I 'd love to have Windblown and SickAlice chime in on this one.

Edit: Lousy Migraines, can't focus my thoughts to save my life.  :banghead:

crosspotts1.0

i take it that 3dmax isnt free

i was just trying to put a running head but on hammer head and i used bulldozer but the key frames for the bd mesh made hammer head all defrommed

so yeah i was trying to fix that

Cyber Burn

1) i take it that 3dmax isnt free - Not even anywhere close.  :(

2) i was just trying to put a running head but on hammer head - While not a perfect match, have you tried "Bullet"s "Special" animation?

crosspotts1.0

ill look in to that if its not a nif sequnce it might work if its a nif controler i dont know how to convert them to each other but ill try

crosspotts1.0

no it wouldent even show up when i transferd them to the other o well ill keep trying to find others that will work if i could convert the nifsequnce to a nifcontrol it would work

windblown

Quote from: daglob on November 20, 2016, 07:55:02 PM
You can do some stuff with Nifscope, but the most I've ever done was change "Fly (something)" to "Fly" and rename the original so that it wouldn't conflict.

Wonder what Windblown uses...

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 20, 2016, 09:17:21 PM
Dagon Daglob has a good point though, I 'd love to have Windblown and SickAlice chime in on this one.

I use Nifskope to modify keyframes. Besides changing names to animations (which is very useful) you can use it to change the number of contacts, transform a ranged animation into a melee one, make parts of the mesh to appear/dissapear or change the proportions of the mesh (this last one is very tiring though). I only know how to do those things in FFvsTR keyframe files.

crosspotts1.0

well thats good cause thats what im useing  :ffvstr: lol

ELECTR0

3DS Max is free if you sign up as a student on the Autodesk website. You just can't use it for commercial purposes. It won't do you much good though since the plugins for Freedom Force don't work on newer versions of Max.

crosspotts1.0

crap i guess im screwed on that (making kf)