A sloppy attempt at some sullen yet long overdue appreciation

Started by danzrocker, November 12, 2016, 10:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danzrocker

Hi there everyone! Wow, it's been a while. If there is one thing I will surely never forget in my life (and most certainly always cherish), one having discovered this absolute masterpiece of a video game courtesy of Irrational. The second would be this incredibly amazing and brilliantly multi-faceted community that has ever so elegantly kept it alive all these many glorious years.

And although I had very little to no significance in my contributions to this wonderful forum during my years of presence but from the core of my heart (and I am sure you get this a lot), each and everyone of you is an awe-inspiring artist in his\her own right (and of the highest degree no less). All of you are the bedazzling maestros of yesteryear but the definitive legends and cosmic catalysts of tomorrow.

Just recently, I reinstalled the game after a 5 year hiatus and recalled how I unreasonably annoyed everyone with multiple threads, requests, improper paragraphs...so on so forth. You helped me irregardless and more so than anyone could ask for. There was always an essence of delighting camaraderie and straightforwardness in your impeccable guidance despite my dumb (read: noobish) and unintentional yet indifferent attitude. Furthermore, I greatly apologize for ever having questioned and undermined anyone's work (in any way whatsoever) which too was always without any intention whatsoever but solely depended on the context of my specific requests which I never clearly indicated.

Know this, you made a 16 year old idiot quite overwhelmed with joy by blessing him and the world with oh so many wonderful toys (who doesn't like free action figures anyway) lol. Freedom Reborn is and always will be the greatest sanctuary for anyone who dearly loves the world of comics and dreams of them to come to life. Not only that but a second home where one can freely communicate with the coolest and most intellectually-stimulating hidden gems and then some. It was to me at a time when plastic action figures could not be afforded, real-life friends were few to none and life in general was pretty much a throbbing angsty pain.

To the newcomers, fans and consumers I say, I dren you not. This is the place to be and you pretty much hit the ultimate nerdgasmic jackpot. We should be immensely grateful for having been afforded the utter privilege to have existed at a time like this. Such a time when all of these remarkable virtuosos gave their blood, sweat, time, ingenuity and creativity to breathe life into their oh so many magnum opuses and bestow upon us with nothing but unconditional generosity.  IMO, All these exceptional skins, meshes, skopes, meshes, mods and several other amazing of those goodies deserved to be and bloody well should've been marketed as DLC and Expansion packs (or something with a price) for the base game.

Honestly! I feel absolutely unworthy to share the company of such legendary people but immensely honored and inspired in all aspects nonetheless. So thank you for all that you do and that you keep on doing. I understand my appreciation and gratitude alone cannot suffice. However, you should you know you're literally changing lives for the better while playing a staggering role in the propagation of the marvellous geekverse. Thank you very much for existing. Bless y'all. May the magnificence of the glorious and awe-striking 'Freedom Reborn' emblem shine upon all of us for a long time.

As a small token of my gratitude, tribute, I would like to dedicate the following three songs to the community. I'm pretty sure most of you are familiar with either of them, what they basically entail and how significantly this community has been inspirational for the lot of us.

Roger Daltrey - Under A Raging Moon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4VuUBI5gtw
Nine Inch Nails - We're In This Together https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9BfvPjsXXw
Pearl Jam - Keep On Rockin' In The Free World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XtgJZRz0l0

LONG LIVE  :ff:
LONG LIVE  :ffvstr:
LONG LIVE "FREEDOM REBORN"!

Love and dearest regards from halfway across the world,
Denatharius (aka danzrocker).

Cyber Burn

From the few other Communities that I've belonged to in the past, this has truly proven to be the best. Regardless of what is said or done, we've always been able to to move forward, and still show one another the respect that we would want in return. We've all proven to be grateful for one another's presence, not because of what is contributed in regards to Meshes, Skins, Etc., but because of the camaraderie that has been built over the years. I believe that those of us who have here for an extended period of time, are here not just because of the games we play, but rather, because of the Community we love.

Tomato

Once upon a time I got kicked out off the website that hosted my work, was ostracised for the community because I consistently stole other artist's work, recolored it, and tried to pass it off as my own. I was 12 at the time, a stupid entitled kid who hated everyone around him because I felt everyone should worship the ground I walked on for making content. I left "4evAr," only to come back to the community a few years later using a new username that I'd picked up on another board. I did, and still do, require a kick in the pants now and then... but this community helped to forge me into a better artist, a better creator, and a better person than I might have been otherwise.

People give me a hard time about how aggressive I can be with newer members sometimes... and I absolutely admit I've gone too far a LOT over the years. But the reason I do it is because I've been there, and I know that sometimes it takes a confrontation to give people a wake up call, not because I have any malice towards them or because I hold any deep seated grudges. I *want* to see people become better because of their time here.

Welcome back. I look forward to seeing you around the boards for many more years to come.

hmarrs

Awesome danzrocker
I feel you Cyberburn
TOMATO????
Wow you were 12???Amazing..I been on here since day one under a previous Tag: Lobo
I like CyberBurn am apreciative because although I haven't played I always come on here to see whts going on.Long live the FORCE THE FORCE OF FREEDOM...MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL!!!😉

spydermann93

Hey Dan, nice to see you around again, dude!

Yeah, this community is pretty dang amazing. I love it here. Great people all-around. While I haven't been a part of these boards for too long, I have been playing :ff: since its release in '02. My friends and I would actually all get together, make some characters and then have tournaments using characters from different companies (mainly Marvel and DC; thanks Crisis mod!!) just having an absolute blast. This game and community is actually what got me into comics as much as I am.

Here's to 14 years of FF and hopefully another 14 more :thumbup:

Incredible Bulk

I was a member several years ago under a different name and I really came back I played :ff: about a month after it came out and then I buy :ffvstr: the day it actually came out.  but he was only with :ffvstr: that I started to add content from the difference modders and I can honestly say you(all who have contributed content during the years)  have made this game extra enjoyable so thank you all again
Sith Prime

Deaths Jester

It's already been 14 years?!? Oh bloody 'ell, now I feel ancient...I'm gonna drown myself in barrels of vodka in hopes of forgetting I've been skinning since the original FFC (the one Irrational "backed" as an offical site) started...guh...

<wanders off mumbling about so much time wasted and Benton Grey something or other...perhaps. You can never tell with DJ...>
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.