Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy 15th Birthday, Freedom Force!

Author Topic: Marvel's "The Inhumans"  (Read 329 times)

Offline Shogunn2517

• He's Got Your Hero Right Here
Marvel's "The Inhumans"
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:35:49 AM »
http://marvel.com/news/tv/26993/marvels_the_inhumans_coming_to_imax_abc_in_2017?linkId=31155906

So apparently... This will be a new series to debut on ABC in the fall, however the first two episodes will premiere theatrically in IMAX during the summer of 2017.

Is this effectively just a spinoff of Marvel's "Agents of SHIELD"?

Offline catwhowalksbyhimself

• Lord of Procrastination
    • Freedom Force Forever
Re: Marvel's "The Inhumans"
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 02:54:37 AM »
So I guess the movie is out then.  As extensively as Agents has used them, this makes more sense.

As for being a spinoff of Agents, while I expect the shows to crossover and make reference to each other, Agents has left alone the royal family and most of the comic book Inhuman characters.  Most of the ones on the show are either original characters or weren't Inhumans in the comics, with Lash being the major exception.  So I expect it to have an entirely separate cast and mostly just acknowledge the situation with Inhumans as it exists on Agents.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

speakingofgeek.freedomforceforever.com

Offline Talavar

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:40:25 AM »
I have to say I'm not overly optimistic about this.  It's ABC, the channel bringing us 4 seasons of mediocre Agents of Shield, but there's also the matter of a tv budget.  Unless this gets an HBO-style budget (which I'm almost certain it won't) it's going to suffer for it.

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 04:29:28 AM »
Yeah... I'm not enthusiastic. Based on what I know about the situation at Marvel, this seems like something done more to piss certain people off than as a part of a sound business move on Marvel TV's part.

For those not in the know, Inhumans had been shoehorned into the Marvel film docket for a long time, and was only recently taken off once Disney cut Marvel CEO Isaac Perlmutter out of the films and gave control to creative lead Kevin Feige. The only reason we've had the property constantly shoehorned into Marvel media (we're on what, season 3 of Inhuman subplots in SHIELD) is because Inhumans was Perlmutter's way of giving Fox studios a big fat middle finger for their control of the X-men property, and even with the shakeup on the film end, Perlmutter is still in charge of Marvel TV. Now, with Fox coming out with their own mutant-centered TV show, this announcement REEKS of Perlmutter rushing out a sub-par TV show to steal away views.

Offline Jimaras8

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 12:01:40 PM »
Considering AOS is the best netowrk cb show right (excluding the Netflix) shows i'm excited. marvel really owns tv and movies!!!

Offline Shogunn2517

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 08:31:50 PM »
http://www.cbr.com/abcs-inhumans-characters-revealed-in-call-sheet/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

Apparently information has leaked of a breakdown of character breakdowns for series regulars.  Those characters are: "Broderick", "Majorie", "Marty", "Kevin", "Grady", "Christine", and "Timothy".

Can't imagine how "spoiler-ish" that material is actually.  Read the link if you want know more.

Online Silver Shocker

• The Shining Savior
  • Better Call Saul!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 07:19:34 AM »
Game of Thrones' Iwan Rheon, aka Ramsay Bolton, will play Maximus the Mad.

Amazing casting. Not only does Ramsay know his way around that kind of villainous cad, he even looks the part! I now have a reason to want to watch the Inhumans, something I honestly didn't think possible. And while Marvel may draw criticism for their movie villains, they've actually done really well with their tv villains, so he'll probably continue that tradition.
-"Wherever kindness is MOCKED--and CRUELTY is worn as a badge of honor--THERE you will find them. So WEAK inside,

that they cannot imagine that TRUE strength of SPIRIT--can even exist."
~Peregrine, describing Hydra, U.S. Avengers #8

Offline Shogunn2517

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 06:12:11 AM »
Black Bolt  has been cast... and it isn't Vin Diesel.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/28/marvels-the-inhumans-anson-mount-cast-as-black-bolt

Not a bad choice at all... still REALLY curious how they handle him though.  Masked? Unmasked?  Completely voiceless?  pho-voiced?

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 04:07:09 PM »
He's a good actor, but I wouldn't have picked him as BB.  I'm curious to see how that will go.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey2

Online Silver Shocker

• The Shining Savior
  • Better Call Saul!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 12:20:05 AM »
Ken Leung from Lost (he played Miles Staum) will play martial artist expert Karnak.

I think it's great that actors I liked in other shows will be in this playing these characters, since it gives me a reason to want to watch it. Though I gotta admit, this won't help the people who complain about the Asian actors in Marvel projects playing martial artists, like Shang Chi.
-"Wherever kindness is MOCKED--and CRUELTY is worn as a badge of honor--THERE you will find them. So WEAK inside,

that they cannot imagine that TRUE strength of SPIRIT--can even exist."
~Peregrine, describing Hydra, U.S. Avengers #8