News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A Call For Help!

Started by hmarrs, November 17, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmarrs

Ok everyone,
After being away from almost 4 years because of personal issues on top of losing EVERYTHING I had built up since 2001 :banghead:...I have nothing... I'm ready to come back.
Actually I need to come back for piece of mind and to help me heal

Ok back in 2012-2013
I had started some Meshes
Some from scratch some Rigged.
However I had started on doing Avengers Movie Meshes even though I believe it has been done by now.
But I also promised to do a String of Hulks...
Savage Hulk
Professor Hulk
Lou Ferignou Hulk
John Bucema Hulk
Every Hulk thought of and any request as well...
I want to go back to Skinning Mapping Rigging Meshing...Everything
However here is my Delema AT this point after being away so long...
WHERE AND HOW DO I START?????

I am so lost the Blender is not the same Blender there are so many add on's now....
I bought ff2 and I havent Played it...
I just got a New Machine just for this it have Xp on it...
Please help me where do I go from here....
All I can do at this point is load ff1 and ff2...
Now what Conversion Tools,?Edits?Voices?MeshTools,Character Tools,
Whats the best way to go and in what order and why...
Please,Please can someone any one or everyone help me out...
I need a list and the order for anything and everything....and if you would post the links as well...
Please give me everything get me up to speed and I promise to do my part for any request or help I can offer...
Just get me going....Please I need everyone and anyone willing to help. :ff: :ffvstr:

What do I want everything what can I do everything from Maps to Skins to Meshes to Rigging to Voice overs...I can do it all except scripting and keyframing...
Help me to help you...I really really need the work....
Again what do I want?

EVERYTHING I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT THE GAMES>>>
Addons,Patches,Ctools,Fx,Voices,Conversions,Especially between ff1 and ff2Meshes that transend the norm like,The old Blender from 2012,Help tips on the new Blender,Links Tutorials,Extras,ACrs Boats tranis anything and everything...Etc.etc..anything and everything useful..
and if anyone cant take the time to break done the orders to install and why...
Sorry to impose but you wont regret it just help me get up to speed..I need to cacth back up to 14 years worth.
Thank You all and God Bless

detourne_me

Get everything you need for Blender here: http://www.freedomforce.ewzzy.com/Blender.php
The nif plugins only work with the older version of blender, anyway.

spydermann93

Hey Dm, do you know if those installers on Ewzzy's site tamper with the Ghosting Fix scripts for :ffvstr:?

hmarrs

Quote from: detourne_me on November 17, 2016, 07:41:36 PM
Get everything you need for Blender here: http://www.freedomforce.ewzzy.com/Blender.php
The nif plugins only work with the older version of blender, anyway.
YES!!!! DT thats where I got them years ago I didnt know Ewzzy was still up...Love you guys and God Bless those that still have there sites up!!!
Please guys keep it coming.

hmarrs

Anybody else...or anything else you can think of?
I remember back in the Day some of the Guys on here were Downloading a Program that allows you to run your current Operating System as an Xp as a Patch to all problems do any of you know or remember anything like this.

Cyber Burn

Just out of curiosity, what OS are you currently running? Windows, Mac? If Windows, is it 8, 8.1, 10?

hmarrs

Hey Cyber...Well right now Im Running 8 I have never tried the game on 8 but remember have alot of trouble on 7 so much so that I went and got an older machine with xp.
But would like to see if I can run it on my 8 for storage and faster internet processing for Uploading and Downloading...

detourne_me

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 17, 2016, 08:25:34 PM
Hey Dm, do you know if those installers on Ewzzy's site tamper with the Ghosting Fix scripts for :ffvstr:?

I'm not sure about that. I've used the python script in the past for the ghosting fix, and I noticed that some of my imported meshes kind of disappear in game, when there are multiple copies on screen. Sometimes no issue at all.   It's really all black magic to me.

hmarrs

Quote from: detourne_me on November 18, 2016, 04:35:12 PM
Quote from: spydermann93 on November 17, 2016, 08:25:34 PM

I'm not sure about that. I've used the python script in the past for the ghosting fix, and I noticed that some of my imported meshes kind of disappear in game, when there are multiple copies on screen. Sometimes no issue at all.   It's really all black magic to me.
ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! I know the answer to this I JUST CANT REMEBER!!!! :banghead:
I had that issue and i went crazy until I figured it out but its been so long...I think the answer was a fix in NIFSCOPE...It might be a NIF issue related to the Skin...Oh Man...but dont quote me...oh man I'm so so sorry.

hmarrs

No wait I think the Nifscope was only part of my first problem I think when it came to the PYTHON SCRIPT>>>YEAH YEAH I think it had to do with Which Python Script installer it was...
Or no WAIT theres also an Issue by which the order of Ewzzys Programs are downloaded....Oh Gosh it could be so many things because I remeber dealing with so many issues and the Ghosting is a problem or can be for Multiple reasons...
Ok let me start here..
Sorry if its a dumb question but...
Did you start by downloading it in the Order in which Ewzzy has them because its very Important.

Cyber Burn

I went by the order that was on Ewzzy's site as far as downloading and installing Blender. If I remember correctly, I did this on Windows 8.1, which wasn't much different in regards to set-up from Windows 8.

WyldFyre

Welcome back Hmarrs!!

Microsoft had their own virtual machine program which ran under windows 7. I don't know if it has been updated for use with 8/10 or not. At one time, I had it installed to run XP under win 7.
A search of the Microsoft site should answer that question though.

edit: You had to install the other operating system as well iirc.
For Freedom!

hmarrs

Cyber Burn
Do know if that was the issue in your case.
Wldfye
Good to hear from you.
Once you did that were you able to run ff with no issues?

Cyber Burn

I had some issues with the Blender installation, but that was my own fault. I tried installing too many things I didn't need, but once I started over from scratch, I was alright.

WyldFyre

Quote from: hmarrs on November 19, 2016, 05:01:45 PM
Cyber Burn
Wldfye
Good to hear from you.

No issues that I remember. You are basically running another operating system as a shell program. It worked for FF and FFvtTR as well as a few games that I was playing at the time.
For Freedom!

hmarrs

Quote from: WyldFyre on November 20, 2016, 10:28:07 PM
Quote from: hmarrs on November 19, 2016, 05:01:45 PM
Cyber Burn
Wldfye
Good to hear from you.

No issues that I remember. You are basically running another operating system as a shell program. It worked for FF and FFvtTR as well as a few games that I was playing at the time.
Was that better then running it on Windows 8?

WyldFyre

the only issues I had on Win8 were with nif converters and the ff editor.  Under win 10 (which I have now) I have had to install some older .net files to get the converters to work, but Win 10's compatibility mode seems to work better for me.  I can run both of the editors and the FFX editor with no problem.  I no longer run the virtual machine to access the games.

On a different note, I have found that installing the GoG versions in the original game directories seems to fix some issues I originally had with them. The FF game tools would not install in the GoG directory for me, but once I set the installs to the original directories, everything works fine.
For Freedom!

daglob

hmarrs

Does anyone have anything else they can think of for me??? :blink:

hmarrs

Been out of the Loop for so long I been trying to catch up and I been reading some backlogs can someone please tell me what Skybox or Skysphere is?

daglob

Quote from: hmarrs on November 29, 2016, 06:34:41 PM
Been out of the Loop for so long I been trying to catch up and I been reading some backlogs can someone please tell me what Skybox or Skysphere is?

Yeah, I'd like to know for sure, too.

WyldFyre

The Skysphere is a mod by Tommyboy  that allows you to have a skin-able sphere around your map to provide an artificial horizon of sorts.

Available at http://www.tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/other%20meshes%201.html

For Freedom!