News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Attributes not working

Started by Incredible Bulk, November 22, 2016, 02:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incredible Bulk

I played with a bunch of players I get errors on several attributes and they no longer work telekinesis, Everion control, metal control, private army I get a message about them saying error they no longer work for example my magnetic character I just checked him on control center and.undet magnetic all columns are black and won't even  to choose anything it's all blank
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Same with my telekinesis guy the fields are blank and won't allow to type or select anything
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Which dat file has all the attributes?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

It's very strange; I've never seen this error before. What do you mean by "played with a bunch of player", exactly? Like, in the Rumble Room? Or do you mean Multiplayer?

The attributes.dat is the file that has all of the attributes in it, but you need FFEdit to check them out.

What was the last thing you did before everything broke?

Incredible Bulk

Yeah rumble room about 2 weeks ago I installed goggles modpack that's it
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Yeah, I'm sure that's what did it.  As far as I know, Goggles' Map Pack doesn't work very nicely with the newest FFX3.

Incredible Bulk

Reinstalling FFX did not fix the issue. Im.wondering  if I just delete everything and start from scratch what files do I need to save and then over to have on my custom characters just transfer over automatically?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

All you need are your hero files and your attributes.dat, ffx.multi.py (in your Missions/Scripts folder), and your strings.txt (in your Lang/Eng folder) files if made any custom attributes.

Also back up your characters folder just in case.

Incredible Bulk

There's no way of manually "fixing" corrupted attributes?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

The thing is, I don't think it's the attributes themselves that aren't working, but something more fundamental to the inner workings of FFX. That would explain the reason why your Control Centre is also messed up.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 22, 2016, 08:54:51 PM
The thing is, I don't think it's the attributes themselves that aren't working, but something more fundamental to the inner workings of FFX. That would explain the reason why your Control Centre is also messed up.
that's what I was afraid off it makes it pretty much unplayable for me
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Goggles map mod  is what screwed everything up the game was working perfectly so I'm just going to bite the bullet and start everything all over I do want to have some of those Maps but I don't want to install the mod is there a place that I can download each map individually?
Sith Prime