News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Few questions

Started by Ozymandiasveis, November 23, 2016, 12:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozymandiasveis

So when using gimp for skinning, I managed to make a starter skin that I was pretty pleased with so far, however, when placing it both with the rest of the .tga files (I found a way to convert the gimp to .tga btw) and opening up the game it would either a)no show the skin I made or b) show a black and white color version of the mesh, so I could use ome help on figuring out what I did wrong lol

daglob

Depending on which mesh you are using, you may need to have the reflect, glow, and lightmap textures in the skin folder, even if they are filled with black. They also need to be the right size (don't ask me, I still think in DPI). There are a few older meshes that only take the smaller size skins. One other odd thing, I have found that a few meshes have to have the Alpha channel active and filled with white.

Which mesh is it and for which game?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on November 23, 2016, 12:30:35 AM
Which mesh is it and for which game?

Definitely very important information in this regards.

Also, here's a quick run down of some of the things I've learned:

1) Most Skins need to be a certain size, either:

1024 x 1024
512 x 512
256 x 256
128 x 128
64 x 64
32 x 32
16 x 16
4 x 4

2) If you are Skinning an Irrational Mesh for FFvt3R, the Skin needs to be saved in (.dds) Format, otherwise, the game won't acknowledge it.

3) When you save a Skin in (.dds) Format, make sure the settings say "A8R8G8B8", otherwise, the game may crash.

4) FFvt3R can use either (.tga) Format, or (.dds) Format, as long as the Nif File points to a (.tga) File.

5) FF1 can use Skins that are in (.dds) Format ONLY if the Nif File points to a (.dds) File.

6) Check your Nif File to see what (.tga) or (.dds) Files you may need for your Skin, and then write those down.