Christmas Challenge 2016: Merry Christmas To All...

Started by daglob, November 28, 2016, 10:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

It's time for the 2016 Christmas Challenge: create some kind of Christmas-themed content, be it a skin, scope, special effect, mini-mod, even just a picture. Dress your avatar or your favorite comic book character in red and green with silver or gold trim (Or maybe someone else's avatar). We can include sleighs, snow, winter, and chestnuts as Christmas-y subjects. Put Christmas lights and tinsel on Groot. Toss in some leftover turkey.

Rules are few:

Deadline is December 25th (but if it is a little late, that's okay)

Post a pic here so we can see it.

Have fun.

daglob

daglob

spydermann93

I was just gonna say, all that we need now is a matching Gambit! :lol:

Cyber Burn

Aw man! I really need to find the Skope I started last year.  :doh:

daglob

Yep, you sure do.

I've done a Christmas Colossus before, but it was a kitbash of a C6 skin (with permission) that appears when Sandy Claws uses the Fastball Special.

Cyber Burn

Man, you've already unwrapped 3 X-Mas X-Men?  :blink: You're killing me here!!!  :P

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 01, 2016, 02:04:57 PM
Man, you've already unwrapped 3 X-Mas X-Men?  :blink: You're killing me here!!!  :P

As I've said, that's what happens when you get all retired and everything.

crosspotts1.0

well u beat me to gambit lol I would of scoped a hook on the stick for it to be a cndy cane and instead of cards u could of done Christmas cookies tree, gingerbread, Santa and frosty lol

daglob

All three cards are apparently the same "piece" and map to the  same place. If they were they were separate pieces, I could change the mapping so they could be separate pictures. I considered a hook, but that is probably beyond my capabilities. Maybe next year...

daglob

Silver Age Hawkman, the Golden Age Mr. Teriffic, and Wonderman's first costumes are already Christmasy.

I don't remember where I got these, but if anyone wants copies, I can send them to you.

crosspotts1.0

lol o well i still got to make one for nick so when i actuly have time i will

daglob

I dunno why the people at Marvel think that the Inhumans and The X-Men should fight. And if you think I'm going to use Christmas as an excuse to do Medusa in that green outfit she wore in Spider-Man #62... you may be right.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on December 02, 2016, 04:53:25 AM
Silver Age Hawkman, the Golden Age Mr. Teriffic, and Wonderman's first costumes are already Christmasy.

I don't remember where I got these, but if anyone wants copies, I can send them to you.

Are those the presents that RandomDays made a while back?

Geez, you're pumping out these Christmas Characters faster than a speeding bullet.

daglob

Maybe that's who did them. I couldn't remember where I got them.

daglob

spydermann93

Would his sleigh be pulled by the Howling Commandos?

daglob

The Helicarrier, maybe... decked out in lights and tinsel.

Meanwhile:

crosspotts1.0

Quote from: spydermann93 on December 03, 2016, 03:12:01 AM
it would of but i dont think i have all of them lol

daglob

Quote from: crosspotts1.0 on December 03, 2016, 02:07:50 PM

Let's see; there's Dum Dum and Gabe, but I'm not sure any of the others have been done. Maybe a few SHIELD Agents?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: crosspotts1.0 on December 03, 2016, 02:07:50 PM

Give me a couple of minutes and I'l hook you up with what I have.

daglob

The Flash looks cute too. If he as Santa's helper, it would be no wonder that those present would get delivered in one night.

Cyber Burn

I wanted to get at least one Character into the Challenge, since I came up empty on the Thanksgiving Challenge. This wasn't the one that I had originally wanted to enter though, but since I cant find the Skope that I had started last year, I don't know if I'll get that particular one entered or not.

daglob

We'll wait... :)

Oh, are you going to release The Ghost of Christmas Flash?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on December 03, 2016, 08:00:09 PM
We'll wait... :)

Oh, are you going to release The Ghost of Christmas Flash?

Yeah, but then, I still need to release the Characters from the Valentines, Mardi Gras, Patriotic, and now Halloween Challenges.  :doh:

Ouflah

I love Black Bolt and the Ghost of Christmas Flash.

I can't help but wonder now, what would the Flash look like if the only change from his original costume was making the gold bits a shiny green?

On a side note, that Black Bolt suit reminds me of Wonder Man.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Ouflah on December 03, 2016, 09:45:04 PM
I love Black Bolt and the Ghost of Christmas Flash.

I can't help but wonder now, what would the Flash look like if the only change from his original costume was making the gold bits a shiny green?

On a side note, that Black Bolt suit reminds me of Wonder Man.

My first version was like that, and while it didn't look too bad, it just was too simple and was finished when I had barely started.

daglob

That's why for most characters I try to change colors around if their usual costume is already red or green.