Heroes vs. Aliens (CW Superhero Crossover)

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, November 30, 2016, 02:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm giving this it's own thread as trying to discuss it with the other 3(or 4) threads would complicate matters.

I liked it so far.  I think it's an improvement over last years, and like with the first one is focusing on each main cast within it's own show while at the same time, like last year, also doing a single storyline across all.

A major highlight was Supergirls little chat with Heatwave.  Funniest thing all night.

Looking forward to seeing what else happens.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

GhostMachine

I'm DVRing it (since I DVR all 4 shows, anyway), and don't plan to watch until its over with. Will probably watch it over 2 nights, rather than all 4 episodes in a row.

Shogunn2517

I agree Cat.  Though I have to say Supergirl seems to have the least amount of crossover so far.  I'm not sure if that was by design or because it was first.

Spoiler
This episode(The Flash) did seem rather self-contained, but it was also pretty packed.  Almost everything I just THOUGHT would be in the entire crossover I saw in this one episode.  There was also come catching up from previous storylines and crossovers they were still dealing with(Rip's message, Flashpoint, Firestorm's origin, Killer Frost).  It's nice to see a mini Justice League on tv.  Actually a pretty strong line up.  Although there wasn't much explanation on the Dominators that pretty much just came out of nowhere.  When the mind-controlled group split and fought Barry and Oliver, it potentially seemed like it would be a fun watch, don't think it was executed as thoroughly as I would have liked.

Also, it's pretty good to see for tomorrow Green Arrow's bringing back older cast members(Robert/Moira, Laurel) and characters(DEATHSTROKE!!!) in what seems to be a "For the Man Who Has Everything" story.  Seemingly.  I was wondering if we'd see other members of Team Arrow and we are.  Wonder how the Legends will fit into Arrow's story.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: GhostMachine on November 30, 2016, 04:18:58 AM
I'm DVRing it (since I DVR all 4 shows, anyway), and don't plan to watch until its over with. Will probably watch it over 2 nights, rather than all 4 episodes in a row.

Just so you know, Supergirl isn't actually part of the Crossover. I mean the show isn't.  They advertised it as being, but it is really stand alone, so there is no reason to wait to watch that one.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on November 30, 2016, 05:46:10 AM
I agree Cat.  Though I have to say Supergirl seems to have the least amount of crossover so far.  I'm not sure if that was by design or because it was first.

Supergirl wasn't actually supposed to be a crossover episode.  The show's creators outright stated that it wasn't.  CW lied about that to capitalize on the crossover ratings surge they get every year.

clownprince

i like the story so far.
Spoiler
supergirl :wub: giggling as the team trains was funny. i kept thinking about arrow loosing an arm for some reason. :rolleyes:

kkhohoho

This thread turned out to be about something completely different than I thought it would be. <_< (Kudos to anyone who gets what the heck I'm talking about. ;))
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Tomato

Not that anyone's done anything yet, but please be courteous to everyone else and include spoiler tags when talking about the crossover. Even for those of us avoiding the thread, the posts here DO come up on the recent posts feed too. I know I can't be the only one waiting until this weekend to watch the entire crossover.

Ouflah

You aren't, Tomato. I check the recent post feed and whenever I see that a post is from this thread I have a "shield your eyes!!" moment.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

catwhowalksbyhimself

I think we have the new standard in crossover/teamups folks.  At least as far at TV goes.  The Avengers still has the movie title, but maybe not by as much as you'd think.

So yeah, I liked it.  It successfully weaved together some great character moments, bits of storyline from all three series and a classic teamup versus aliens.