News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The badness of it

Started by HarryTrotter, December 03, 2016, 07:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

Some people might get me wrong,but I have to say it...
Why is it that in every corner of comic-book related internet you find the same BS arguments?About things you shouldnt discuss on the internet.
Like everyone is just copy-pasting the same dumb,unresearched arguments that somehow help their "cause".
And dont get me wrong,every "side" is guilty all the same.But do we have to see the same BS everywhere?
That being said,you can all flame me now.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Reepicheep

I'm telling you, I'm sick of these half empty toblerones.

HarryTrotter

Im sick of how everything gets political.And how everyone is a super special awesome snoflake and they should get a character based on themselves.
Jon Farmer

thalaw2

Play dough and therapy dogs for everyone...this is a safe space.
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

^TBH,the same things do show up here from time to time.
Just saying that whining about wrong things with strawmen arguments has become way too prevalent in every corner of comic-related net. 
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

And in this case;creators are not really better then fans.
If you dont like the fact your tweets end up being used for BC articles,then stop tweeting.
Or,stop making an @ss of yourself on social media,and people will stop making fun of you.Simple,right?
Jon Farmer

Ouflah

Quote from: Spade on December 03, 2016, 10:56:50 AM
Im sick of how everything gets political.

Um, but didn't you just start a thread with a theme that is related to politics?
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Ouflah on December 06, 2016, 02:38:05 PM
Quote from: Spade on December 03, 2016, 10:56:50 AM
Im sick of how everything gets political.

Um, but didn't you just start a thread with a theme that is related to politics?

Actually,dumb arguments about that are not my biggest problem with the internet community(I guess people dealt with it by now). So that was not my first complaint.
I had some other stupid arguments in mind.Like,how for example,if you dont like some newest legacy hero,your immediately a racist,by some leap of logic.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Just wanted to post a friendly reminder for everyone to keep their heads in here. Trust me, I understand tensions are high right now and there's a lot of nonsense going about... but while I respect the need to vent and this thread is fine as it currently stands, please just keep in mind that outright political discussion is against forum rules. Keep the discussion about the toblerones, if you know what I mean.

HarryTrotter

I wasn't discussing politics,but the whole trend of whining fandom.And wrong priorities.
Or another older example was somebody's explanation of Iron Fist,back in the day of TV series announcement.How Marvel jumped on the Kung Fu bandwagon of the 70's(which is true),but came up with white heroes like Iron Fist and White Tiger.Yeah,that's some lousy research right there. :rolleyes:
Jon Farmer

Reepicheep

Oh.

I thought this was about toblerones.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Reepicheep on December 06, 2016, 04:15:06 PM
Oh.

I thought this was about toblerones.

Well.misunderstanding happen when you try to talk about things without really talking about things.  :unsure:
Jon Farmer

Reepicheep

Or a more serious response:

The internet is a crazy confusing place. An argument on the internet is nothing like an argument face to face. Without the humanity of contact, the internet is much more introspective. Passion comes from only within, with no way of absorbing the passion of others. It's why trying to 'win' an argument online is pointless. In the end, all anyone achieves is to insulate themselves within their opinion. Facts? Research? There's evidence online for every point of view for every argument. The whole notion becomes self-defeating for the sheer quantity of it.

People are people. A defining trait of people is that if you put two of them in the same room, they'll find something to disagree on. Get used to it. Actually, better yet, learn to love it. It's one of the best things about us: truth is so diverse amongst us. Truth is shaped by our experiences and our perspectives. it's possible to enjoy the way that different experiences make us so different.

But on the internet, that doesn't happen much. When you're recieving a piece of text that you disagree with, or hold issue with, because it doesn't correspond to your truth... well, it's easier to respond to a piece of text than it is to respond to a person, with all their experiences, perspectives and truths. It's too easy to paint a picture of the author using only that tony argument. In the end, on the internet, all you can really do is throw back another piece of text. The cycle continues.

And, you know, something has clearly gotten under your skin. I see you're being cautiously and wisely vague and, honestly, if you need to vent this is a pretty good place to do it. But choose your battles, and do so placidly amidst the noise.

A vague philosophical answer to a vague discussion.

HarryTrotter

TBH and to put it simply,Im really annoyed by people who think comic companies care about any color other then green.Im talking about money,ofc.
Jon Farmer

Deaths Jester

At least everyone quit talking about my drinking habits thanks to being shafted on chocolate...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

Unless, of course, you drink chocolate liquors.

HarryTrotter

At least nothing terribly bad poped up for almost a week.As far as I know;Im sure Rich did something stupid.
Jon Farmer

thalaw2

Quote from: daglob on December 10, 2016, 05:41:01 PM
Unless, of course, you drink chocolate liquors.

chocolate liquors....mmmmmmmmmmmm
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

Another rehash of New Hope is coming up,so we have to go thru the same drokk again.
Really,we dont have to go that far for reasons not to see the movie.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Quote from: Reepicheep on December 06, 2016, 04:35:07 PM
Or a more serious response:

The internet is a crazy confusing place. An argument on the internet is nothing like an argument face to face. Without the humanity of contact, the internet is much more introspective. Passion comes from only within, with no way of absorbing the passion of others. It's why trying to 'win' an argument online is pointless. In the end, all anyone achieves is to insulate themselves within their opinion. Facts? Research? There's evidence online for every point of view for every argument. The whole notion becomes self-defeating for the sheer quantity of it.

People are people. A defining trait of people is that if you put two of them in the same room, they'll find something to disagree on. Get used to it. Actually, better yet, learn to love it. It's one of the best things about us: truth is so diverse amongst us. Truth is shaped by our experiences and our perspectives. it's possible to enjoy the way that different experiences make us so different.

But on the internet, that doesn't happen much. When you're recieving a piece of text that you disagree with, or hold issue with, because it doesn't correspond to your truth... well, it's easier to respond to a piece of text than it is to respond to a person, with all their experiences, perspectives and truths. It's too easy to paint a picture of the author using only that tony argument. In the end, on the internet, all you can really do is throw back another piece of text. The cycle continues.

And, you know, something has clearly gotten under your skin. I see you're being cautiously and wisely vague and, honestly, if you need to vent this is a pretty good place to do it. But choose your battles, and do so placidly amidst the noise.

A vague philosophical answer to a vague discussion.

I think that's a pretty good take on it. While I don't want to sound like an egotistical comic creator, there is also the fact that many people online are "anonymous" and thus can "get away" with saying things they likely wouldn't say in person to people they know wouldn't appreciate it. Speaking for myself personally, I might be a little too snarky for my own good here on FR, but in general I don't like confrontations. They have a tendency to make me physically nauseous and I tend to overthink what my response will be. Sometimes when posting here I'll take my time phrasing a post just right so I don't urine someone off inadvertently. That's why I usually avoid prolonged online arguments. That, and they can be very time consuming.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

I dont watch Walkind Dead(I read a bit of it) but I have to ask:Why are people complaining about violence there?
A)Isnt violence kinda the point?
B)If it traumatises your kids,why do you let them watch it?Why do you let your kids watch it in the first place?
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Yeah, that's pretty baffling. I've not heard that particular complaint online (and yes, I know what happens in this year's premiere) but yeah, that's pretty weird.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Then again,a good number of idiots brought their kids to Deadpool.Which made "You thought this was a superhero movie" speech a lot funnier.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

See that, while stupid, makes a lot more sense to me. Superhero movies, including ones based on Marvel properties (whose logo appears on the ones Marvel doesn't own the rights to) is predominantly Pg-13 family friendly viewing, and unlike the Red Band trailer, Deadpool's Green Band trailer and tv spots doesn't have much of the violent or vulgar stuff in there. With the Walking Dead, there's just no frame of reference. 99% percent of zombie anything is mature audiences and understandably so (Plants vs. Zombies, of course, is the exception that proves the rule).
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

I guess you could chalk that up as a mistake.But still,check the ratings people.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Deadpool made it clear very early in its run time that it was NOT a PG13 film. If you stuck around with your kids more than 10 minutes (and a lot of parents did), that's on you.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Tomato on December 20, 2016, 04:33:04 PM
Deadpool made it clear very early in its run time that it was NOT a PG13 film. If you stuck around with your kids more than 10 minutes (and a lot of parents did), that's on you.

True.  I still can't believe my sister let her son go see it.  Look at the freaking ratings.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

HarryTrotter

But at least I dont remember anyone complaining about Deadpool not being suitable for kids.Well,Im sure somebody did,but I cant really recall an example.
On a different topic,there has been plenty of badness this week in real life.
Jon Farmer

Deaths Jester

Does that mean I'm going to have to wander around with a giant movie rating plastered on my butt?!? You know how expensive those stickers are?!?
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

BWPS

Man I want to argue with you but I have no idea what you're talking about. Well played.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.