Main Menu

fx question

Started by crosspotts1.0, December 13, 2016, 09:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosspotts1.0

so i just downloaded alexs fx pack EZ FX 5.1 for :ff:

now my question is can i use this in  :ffvstr: or r they not compatible

detourne_me

Did you notice that there are two separate EZFX packs on Alex's site?
They aren't completely compatible. Some fx will work. But you might need to use the eznif convertor/check the start.nifs/or some wont work at all.

Cyber Burn

There's also an issue with the (End.Nif) having a delayed reaction when using FF1 FX with FFvt3R. When that happens, just replace the (End.Nif) with one from an FFvt3R one, and that should fix the problem.

crosspotts1.0

the problem is finding fxs for  :ffvstr: already in a pack and that one had a lot i was looking for

Previsionary

you won't find many FX packs for FFvTTR because most of the major FXers were out of business by then. I believe Alex is still working on an updated version, and you can find PFX with a bunch of newer FXs for FFvTTR here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/krx1tzu7ejafsvb/PFX_1.2.exe
Disappear when you least expe--

Cyber Burn

Hey Prev! Nice to see you. 😀

Cyber Burn

Crosspotts, you could also collect FX from various Mods. Just make sure that you back up your dat files first.

crosspotts1.0

i was thinking that but dont fully understand how to merge them

spydermann93

All you have to do is use FFEDIT to merge the Sounds.dat and FX.dat files of your two mods and then copy the mod/art/library/FX folder to your basegame/data/art/library/FX folder, don't click overwrite, and then you should be good to go.

Make sure you create backups first, though

Cyber Burn

Benton's Marvel Adventures Mod is pretty well stocked in regards to FX, I'd recommend starting there.