Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy 15th Birthday, Freedom Force!

Author Topic: The game STILL won't run... and it's like. April...  (Read 320 times)

Offline WyldFyre

• Fiery master of mayhem.
Re: The game STILL won't run...
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 05:16:47 PM »
I had trouble with the disk version too. I think the problem may be in the registry entries for FF. If you uninstall and then reinstall to a different directory, Win10 looks for the first install for some reason. I believe you have to uninstall, reboot, and then reinstall for Win10 to recognize the new directory, and possibly reboot after the reinstall as well, just to make sure. I don't remember exactly, but I think this might force the registry change.

This affected me on the editor installation. I now run the GoG version, and Win10 wanted to use my old disk install directory for the editor. I finally got everything to work, but it was a time consuming process.

Hope that all made sense, and hope you can get it working.

Offline daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
Re: The game STILL won't run... and it's like. April...
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2017, 02:30:10 PM »
Spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to fix this. I didn't. I have made sure the files are not read only, took possession of the FF folder, set it up to run under every compatibility mode they had (it worked under Windows 7, but FFv3R runs under the compatibility mode as WXP Service Pack 2 just fine). I've used a program manager to watch as the FF program and a .dll load, then are killed. I believe it is a security issue, and despite being an Administrator, it doesn't believe that I should run the program.

The annoying thing is as time goes by (and I mean weeks), other stuff starts acting funny. At first, I was able to convert FF1 .nifs to FFv3R easily; a few weeks back, I had to create a folder just for conversion,and it took an hour to set up the permissions so that it will let me convert. I suspect that eventually that will stop after a later update.I am going to try again to put it on the C drive, but am open to any and all suggestions.

Offline WyldFyre

• Fiery master of mayhem.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2017, 01:30:02 AM »
The only other thing I can think of is your AV program. Are you using the Win version or a third party?

You may have to create an exception in the AV if it has that ability. Sometime I get a "Windows Firewall has blocked execution of this program" error even though I use third party AV software.

You can also try disabling the AV program for the install.

Sorry if you've tried all this before, just throwing stuff out there.

Offline Cyber Burn

• Ian TheVaultBoy13
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2017, 03:21:24 AM »
I actually had to uninstall every single Add-On one by one, until every thing FF related was removed from my PC. Then I had to restart my PC, and do a Clean re-Install of everything. It took me a while to figure it out, but once I did, it finally worked.
Freedom Force Resources: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/info

Force Of Paradox: http://forceofparadox.byethost31.com/index.html

Ian TheVaultBoy13 - You will always be remembered.

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2017, 04:18:02 AM »
Man, I wish that I could help you, Glob, but I have no clue what's going on with this. :(