having trouble with game who can help or has experince with this

Started by crosspotts1.0, December 24, 2016, 11:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosspotts1.0

im having trouble with hammer head i put him in to char dat and now it say quit now open control center duplcate complex do u know what i need to do to fix this

daglob

I have occasionally had this happen to me too, and I have no idea how to fix it either.

spydermann93

Do you have his hero file still in your hero file folder?

If so, move it somewhere else and that should hopefully fix it (if I'm thinking about the right bug).

crosspotts1.0

i thought that would work to but it didn't unfortunately  :banghead: i wish i could give more detail but my screen recorder stopped working of late and cant get it to work or id make a video of it 

crosspotts1.0

Quote from: spydermann93 on December 25, 2016, 05:04:43 AM
Do you have his hero file still in your hero file folder?

If so, move it somewhere else and that should hopefully fix it (if I'm thinking about the right bug).
hey spider i can send u my hammer head char and hero file and u could try to add him and see if the problem presist if ud like and if it dose and u can fix it u could tell us how u fixed it if u dont mind

BentonGrey

Yeah, remove the herofile you used to add him and then run the Control Center, and that should fix the problem.  Be sure to save.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

crosspotts1.0

it dident work for me brenton if u have time could u post a video of how to do it please

BentonGrey

I won't be able to do that for a while, but that should have done the trick.

Have you added any other characters?  Remove any doubles, HFs that are the same as those you've added.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

crosspotts1.0

no i only did him and i remove the hero files and it says value. quit and run control center char found with multiple complex  :banghead:

BentonGrey

And you ran the FFX Control Center?  Make sure that you point it to the right directory and that you save it.
God Bless

crosspotts1.0

yeah i have it in ffx but the nif is in my regular  :ffvstr: custom char folder  could that be the problem

spydermann93

Nah, that shouldn't matter, but you can move it if you want.

My suggestion is try looking at your ffxID.py file in your mod_name/missions/scripts folder and delete all lines between the two [] characters. You can open it with Notepad or Notepad++. Save the file then rerun the FFXControlCentre.

Hopefully that will solve your issue.

crosspotts1.0

this is whats in the ffxid.py script

ffxIDs=[
["abraxas",1001],
["borg-9",1002],
["cat jalopy",1003],
["catlaser",1004],
["estelle",1005],
["fire spirit",1006],
["john snow",1007],
["klystron",1008],
["m-girl (energy)",1009],
["m-girl (fire)",1010],
["m-girl (frozen)",1011],
["m-girl (metal)",1012],
["m-girl (rubber)",1013],
["m-girl (stone)",1014],
["m-girl (wood)",1015],
["m-girl",1016],
["magnetic spirit",1017],
["mistral",1018],
["papa legba",1019],
["pyroness",1020],
["recombatant",1021],
["slowball (mp)",1022],
["slowball",1023],
["snow beast",1024],
["tejas",1025],
["tester340",1026],
["tester350",1027],
["tester351",1028],
["tester352",1029],
["tester353 Fred",1030],
["tester354",1031],
["the connector+",1032],
["the connector",1033],
["zombie",1034],
["tester355",1035],
["tester356driver",1036],
["tester357vehicle",1037],
["tester358vehicle",1038],
["Alchemiss (max)",1039],
["anarchy",1040],
["ANtaeus",1041],
["baba yaga (old)",1042],
["baba yaga (young)",1043],
["Black Jack (max)",1044],
["blue genie",1045],
["comrade vygor",1046],
["corona",1047],
["danny bolt",1048],
["disorder",1049],
["dr jose san carlo",1050],
["drone",1051],
["El Diablo (max)",1052],
["El Diablo II",1053],
["galaxy girl",1054],
["Green Genie (max)",1055],
["grunt",1056],
["h-bot",1057],
["i-bot",1058],
["kalinka",1059],
["koko",1060],
["leonardo",1061],
["Liberty Lad (max)",1062],
["lord danger",1063],
["major rushmore",1064],
["Mentor (max)",1065],
["mozilla",1066],
["mr universe",1067],
["negasus",1068],
["newtonia",1069],
["optical girl",1070],
["peace frog",1071],
["purple lass",1072],
["quasi-girl",1073],
["Quetzalcoatl (max)",1074],
["ra-mu  the muck thing",1075],
["red dynamo",1076],
["robot master",1077],
["Sea Urchin (max)",1078],
["siberia",1079],
["skaron warrior",1080],
["sportsmaster",1081],
["tester359",1082],
["tester360",1083],
["tester361beautiful",1084],
["The Bard (max)",1085],
["the grand panjandrum",1086],
["The original Torch",1087],
["thermite",1088],
["Tombstone (max)",1089],
["Tombstone II",1090],
]

do i deleat all of it

spydermann93

Hmm... I'm looking through it now and I don't see a problem with it, but you can still try it.

Just leave it like this:

ffxIDs=[
]

Save and then quit. It probably won't fix anything, though :/

crosspotts1.0

yeah it still dosent work sadly im lost to how to fix the problem now :banghead:

BentonGrey

What's the character's name in the .dats?  I don't see him in the ID list.  Do y'all think that the CC is adding them properly?
God Bless

spydermann93

If he's a built-in character, he won't show up in the ffxID.py file. That file is only for branding cus to characters.

Speaking of .dat files, take a look at hammerhead's template entry. What's his "complex" attribute's value? Perhaps it's matching up with one of your other characters and that's what is causing your problem.

BentonGrey

Hmm, thanks Spyder. 

Well, the issue is very likely a duplicate complex value, and he's the most likely culprit. 

Check his template settings and make sure he's not set as a civilian.
God Bless

crosspotts1.0

i set him to pin stripe is that my problem if so how else do i do ai for him i feel stupid if thats it :banghead: so i tried still dosent work

spydermann93

You set HammerHead's AI to the Pinstripe AI? I tend to just use GenericMinion for my custom villains. You can use the M25AIGenerator that is in the rumble room to create custom AI for your characters.

That also got me thinking: did you copy Pinstripe's character entry and template to create Hammerhead? If so, then Hammerhead will have the same complex as Pinstripe, thus pointing to your problem.

BentonGrey

Quote from: spydermann93 on December 28, 2016, 04:13:44 PM
You set HammerHead's AI to the Pinstripe AI? I tend to just use GenericMinion for my custom villains. You can use the M25AIGenerator that is in the rumble room to create custom AI for your characters.

That also got me thinking: did you copy Pinstripe's character entry and template to create Hammerhead? If so, then Hammerhead will have the same complex as Pinstripe, thus pointing to your problem.

Even if he copied Pinstripe, the CC should rebrand him.

What type is his template set to, CP?  Is he set to Hero, Villain, Cop, Civilian, etc?
God Bless

spydermann93

Does the CC rebrand built-in's? I thought that the CC simulated the complex attribute for custom characters in order for custom attributes to work. I might be thinking about it the wrong way, though.

But yeah, try Benton's suggestion, too

crosspotts1.0

i have him set to game object villain  and tried dident work god i dont know why  :banghead:

spydermann93

Which tool did you use to add Hammerhead into the game?

Did you add him only FFEDIT or did you use a different tool?

BentonGrey

Spyder, the CC cleans up everything except civilians and objects.  That's how I can get everything to play nicely in my mods, provided I don't mess with civilians.

CP, I'm not following you.  Try to slow down and be a bit more specific.

You added Hammerhead in with the EZHero tool, and then you set him to be a villain "and it didn't work."  What didn't work?  Setting him as a villain or running the CC?

The issue is you've got a duplicate value somewhere, so something isn't working properly.  Since the only thing you've added is Hammerhead, he has to be culprit.  This says to me that the CC isn't branding him properly.  You're sure you are point the CC at the right directory?  And you're saving it after you run it? 
God Bless

crosspotts1.0

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 28, 2016, 08:06:38 PM

CP, I'm not following you.  Try to slow down and be a bit more specific.

You added Hammerhead in with the EZHero tool, and then you set him to be a villain "and it didn't work."  What didn't work?  Setting him as a villain or running the CC

"You added Hammerhead in with the EZHero tool, and then you set him to be a villain" yes ,i still get the same error is what i mean

BentonGrey

Gotcha'.  Hmm...check the complex number in the template tab.  See if it matches anything near by.
God Bless