A funny thing happened on the way to the forum

Started by The Phantom Eyebrow, December 29, 2016, 12:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Phantom Eyebrow

This being the time of year that it is, is a time for reflection and suchlike.  In the spirit of this vein, I made the very real decision to cast my eye over this (very) forum to see how things are.  Well and good then.

However, my planned moment of nostalgic reverie was held up at what can only be described as the first hurdle by my inability to remember my login details.  The perfidious machinations of the computer age rear their teeth once more in a bit to thwart me.  Fortunately I am savvy in the ways of the computer, web two-point-oh, and all that and so I cleverly clicked on a button that sends my login details to my email account.  No fool me.

The problem (of course there was a problem) is that the email account that I wisely set up all those years ago for this very purpose is not one I use very often.  I couldn't remember the login details for this one either!  Ironic, don't you think?

The Eyebrow is not one that shirks in the face of such tribulations.  With the level of advance-planning seen only in chess-grandmasters in crime thrillers, I had set up a system whereby the login details for the first account could be accessed by another email of mine, and one that I still use to this (very) day!  Checkmate! 

By now I had not 1, not 2 but 3 (three!) windows all open at once!  We're talking Sneakers levels of computer wizardry here!  However, once I got into the first email account I found that the email notification did not get through.  Surely this was the end for our hero's efforts to login to the stomping grounds of his past?*

In the end, I resolved the problem by clever expedient of remembering my password for here!  And with a single bound our hero was free!

Er, that's it really...

* Some of you may have worked out that it (indeed) was not the end, given the fact that this epic post already exists.  However, I have taken the liberty of constructing my post in this dramatic fashion, for dramatic purposes.

Ouflah

"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

spydermann93