Valentine's Day/Mardi Gras Challenge 2017- The party's over...

Started by daglob, January 07, 2017, 06:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

It might seem like there is a long time until Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras, but with the weather like it is it may be awhile until everyone thaws out.

The challenge is to create some kind of Valentine's Day and/or Mardi Gras content, be it a skin, a scope, an FX, artwork, a micro-mod... anything. Decorate your avatar in green, purple, and gold or red and pink. Create your own character with the appropriate theme.

Rules are simple:

Deadlines are February 14th for Valentine's Day, February 28th for Mardi Gras. If you are a little late, we won't care (will we?)

Post pictures of your work here so we can look at it and cheer you on.

Have fun.

To get you started, here are a couple of old subjects: Wade ready for the Lords of Misrule to take over (Might be what he calls his in-laws), and pretty in pink for his Valentine.

Cyber Burn

Well, to get into the Spirit, here are my two from last year:

daglob

After several failed attempts to do the face, I decided to use the original. I've wanted to see this since I started issuing these challenges, and haven't yet. So, I decided to do one myself.

detourne_me

Nice! A really appropriate avatar for the Mardi Gras treatment!

daglob

Bat Gras...

I've actually seen a pic of The Joker wearing something like this. Man, was it tempting to put a couple of jingle bells on those ears...

daglob

Dodge and burn on a shade of yellow that I looked for for months. Check you mailbox for a swatch.

BentonGrey

Haha, I love all of these!  I especially love the Mardi Gras ones!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Saw this cartoon once where Supergirl convinced Superman that he could wear pink and get away with it.

Ask most guy and they'll tell you: it isn't pink, it's light red.

SickAlice

Never seems like a long time (looks over the bag of VDay candy from Walgreens on the desk). I'm in and I think I've the perfect one lined up.

daglob

Probably not the costume Bats should wear if he is going to see Fredirck Whertham...

Ouflah

That's great!  :lol:

I feel like Hawkeye would fit in with this group.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

daglob

Quote from: Ouflah on January 22, 2017, 05:23:33 PM
That's great!  :lol:

I feel like Hawkeye would fit in with this group.

And here is Pinkeye and his buddy Pink Arrow.

spydermann93

Are they both frowning? If so, that's perfect!

Ouflah

"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

daglob

Yes, they are frowning. I need to fix Ollie; he's more lavender than pink.

daglob

Valentine's Day is only two weeks away; Fat Tuesday four weeks. The first parade in this vicinity will be Saturday the 4th on Dauphin Island. We need your cherubs and cupids by Valentine's day, and your mummers and maskers the last day of the month.

Laissez les bons temps rouler.

BentonGrey

Ha, great stuff DG!  Valentines Hawkeye looks like something that could have shown up in a comic.  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

daglob

BentonGrey

God Bless

SickAlice

Love all of it. Also thank you for doing these challenges, they really add a lot to the community. Any plans for the  :ff: anniversary?

daglob

SickAlice

Neither had I till right before I posted that and then " I wonder when FF's anniversary is? " popped in my thinkpan. Turns out 15 years the end of this March. Gosh 15 years and going strong, isn't that amazing?  :)

daglob

Cyber Burn

I was going to post my Valentine's entry, but Photobucket locked me out.  :banghead:

daglob

I've been thinking about giving up Photoucket for Lent. They keep trying to hijack me to another web site, or offer me (important vital, required, necessary, etc.) updates on programs that I don't need updated, or not update my page for 5-10 minutes.

daglob

Yes, one week 'til Valentine's Day, and three 'til Mardi Gras Day.

BentonGrey

God Bless