MARVELOUS NEWS! The reign of Perlmutter may be Over!

Started by crimsonquill, January 11, 2017, 09:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

Apparently there is lots of news breaking about Trump's Presidency involving bringing in his friends into his fold. One of the things that sent my jaw dropping was this New York Post article.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/07/marvel-executive-set-to-join-trumps-veterans-affairs-staff/
(this has also been confirmed by other sources so this isn't just a rumor at this point. We will just have to wait and see what official announcements come forth in the next week or so).

Which means that Perlmutter will be leaving his job at MARVEL to focus on his new role in Veterans Affairs and future political aspirations.

Only thing I hear right now is the choir of angels of not having his Iron Gauntlet hovering over the Marvel Bullpen and Marvel Entertainment in general.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

spydermann93

Honestly, I'd prefer to have his "iron gauntlet" over comics than having it over our very lives. :P

Jimaras8

I'm sorry but i don't think he is gonna resign from Marvel. he is obsessed with power and he has a very firm grip in the company. And even if he does step down Alan Fine, his right hand man will take his place. he is just a younger Pelmutter.

Silver Shocker

Yeah, while the prospect of Perlmutter leaving is appealing, I wouldn't get too excited about things "getting better" as a result. Event comics, for example, haven't gone away at all, even with Quesada no longer the EiC
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Imagine if Alonso and Brevoort get political aspirations?Or better yet,lets not imagine that.
Oddly enough(or not),no reactions from Dan Slott yet.Apparently,everyone who voted for Trump is evil,except his boss.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Tomato

I'm more excited about the show end than the comics end, frankly. It's well known that the whole push for Inhumans is the result of Perlmutter's meddling. It's why Inhumans was the first to fall off the movie docket when Disney removed him, and it's why the tv shows (which he's still had oversight on) pushed Inhumans to a ridiculous and unnatural degree.

HarryTrotter

Your excited that Agents of Shield are ending?I thought you liked that?
Jon Farmer

Tomato

I'm excited that they get to go back to stuff related to SHIELD and set aside the tired Inhumans stuff that they've been saddled with for 3 seasons? I said nothing about cancelling the show?

HarryTrotter

Im not sure why you phrased that as a question,but okay,if it wasnt canceled by now,obviously nothing can kill it.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Because your statement had almost nothing to do with what I actually said and I was indicating my bewilderment. If anything, what I said indicates the cancellation of the upcoming Inhumans show, which I AM 100% ok with.

SHIELD I have no problem with, I just hate that they had the Inhuman stuff forced upon them when it has little to do with what makes the show interesting.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Tomato on January 13, 2017, 04:40:53 PM
I'm more excited about the show end than the comics end, frankly. It's well known that the whole push for Inhumans is the result of Perlmutter's meddling. It's why Inhumans was the first to fall off the movie docket when Disney removed him, and it's why the tv shows (which he's still had oversight on) pushed Inhumans to a ridiculous and unnatural degree.
Show ending implies its one already in progress;you didnt say cancellation of the announced Inhumans show.
Btw,and sadly,I doubt that will happen seeing we some news about castings a few days ago.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Spade... I realize where you were confused, but the fact that I followed it with "the show end than the comics end" should have given away that I wasn't talking about anything actually ending. I was using shorthand to refer to "the tv show end of the business" IE: "I'm more excited about what this means for the tv side of Marvel than I am about what it does for the comics"