I want to play some FF again and a couple questions

Started by earl of bronze, January 17, 2017, 11:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earl of bronze

Can I use a mesh from FFVTTR and is there anything else I need to install? I bought the GOG version  since my disc version would not run but ahve not tried to play yet. Thanks.

spydermann93

1) Can I use a mesh from FFVTTR?
- Not without some heavy modifications using third-party modelling tools. As far as I'm aware, there are no "user-friendly" tools to convert meshes from FFvtTR to FF

2) Is there anything else I need to install?
- EZFX 5.1 by Alex is a great addition to FF that adds a LOT of FX. Even more than the EZFX for FFvtTR. There is also FFX which is practically a whole new game unto itself. I have no idea how it will run with the GoG version of FF, though. FF and its related mods and tools tend to act really strangely on newer systems.

daglob

While it is true that there is no easy way to convert FFv3R to FF1, which meshes are you wanting to use? Depending on the mesh, it is possible that there might be alternatives.

earl of bronze

Quote from: daglob on January 18, 2017, 12:36:39 AM
While it is true that there is no easy way to convert FFv3R to FF1, which meshes are you wanting to use? Depending on the mesh, it is possible that there might be alternatives.

I want a Richard Ryder Nova mesh. I found one on FFV3R on Tommyboy's site and had hoped to use it.

And thanks to spydermann93 too!

Cyber Burn

That Mesh should already be FF based. Tom made all of his Meshes so that they could be used in  :ff:

earl of bronze

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 18, 2017, 01:27:19 AM
That Mesh should already be FF based. Tom made all of his Meshes so that they could be used in  :ff:

Great, thanks!

crosspotts1.0

if any one could describe the processes to making a  :ffvstr: in to a :ff: it could be beneficial

and for meshes that dont work with nif converter to vice versa im not sure if there r tutorials for them but if some one knows how to do this again very beneficial to us all

Cyber Burn

Quote from: crosspotts1.0 on January 21, 2017, 10:50:40 PM
if any one could describe the processes to making a  :ffvstr: in to a :ff: it could be beneficial

and for meshes that dont work with nif converter to vice versa im not sure if there r tutorials for them but if some one knows how to do this again very beneficial to us all

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=59114.0