News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Help finding a piece...

Started by daglob, January 14, 2017, 10:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I need to find something that will let me extend the front of this car:

I've thought about using Blender to cut off the nose, then move some vertices around to make it fit, and just transplanting it to another copy. The problem is that I need to have a depressed area in the middle of the extension so I can put in an animated scanner. Y'know, like this one: http://knightrideronline.com/

There aren't enough triangles to do this with what I have.

SickAlice

Send me the model and I'll custom make it, should be a snap to do.

SickAlice

An interesting tidbit. I'm extracting the models from Knight Rider 2 the game for this. These use nif format. Rather than having externally linked image files for textures the textures are programmed in binary inside of the nifs. Just thought was weird, never seen that before in nif.

detourne_me

Quote from: SickAlice on January 18, 2017, 06:02:23 AM
An interesting tidbit. I'm extracting the models from Knight Rider 2 the game for this. These use nif format. Rather than having externally linked image files for textures the textures are programmed in binary inside of the nifs. Just thought was weird, never seen that before in nif.

It'll be cool to see Kitt make an appearance!
I think Ive seen that kind of hard coded textures before. Once on the Blain mesh that Daglob recently skinned, and I think Winzero used to colour in some mesh extras in some of his meshes, so they couldnt be skinned.  I might be mistaken though.

SickAlice

Just gets weirder. So for grins I renamed one of the KR2 nifs to character, threw in BumbleeCar keys for good measure and put a nif file with texture coordinates into the standard folder. The thing actually loaded in CTool2. The animations are also in the nif in binary so instead having an idle or a list of anims it just cycled through all of it's animations. Funky.

daglob

Quote from: detourne_me on January 18, 2017, 08:25:27 AM
It'll be cool to see Kitt make an appearance!
I think Ive seen that kind of hard coded textures before. Once on the Blain mesh that Daglob recently skinned, and I think Winzero used to colour in some mesh extras in some of his meshes, so they couldnt be skinned.  I might be mistaken though.

That's interesting about Blain. When I opened it in Nifscope, I didn't see any kind of skin, so I just added it. I guess it came from before Nifscope, because, believe me, I am still an amateur in its' use, and it was extremely simple.

SickAlice

Here's the original Hoff nif for anyone that wants to check it out in CTool for kicks.
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/temp/KR2_Hoff.rar