News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Adventures Vol. 2 Released!

Started by BentonGrey, January 28, 2017, 09:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy folks, and welcome to the next iteration of Marvel Adventures!  This is Marvel Adventures Vol. 2, featuring a whole host of new characters and a brand-spanking new set of campaigns!  At long last I've finished all those final, niggling details, and I've got this behemoth released!  I can't stop using exclamation points!

*Ahem*

Sorry about that. 

This is a gigantic mod that encompasses large swaths of the Marvel comics universe.  It attempts to capture the classic feel of a large assortment of characters with new stories set during the heyday of such icons as Captain America, Thor, the X-Men, the Avengers, and the Fantastic Four, as well as a bevy of villains and guest stars.  You can face the villainous Hellfire Club as the X-Men, or struggle to save all of the nine realms as Thor and his allies.

So, what are you waiting for? Join the fight!

Download Marvel Adventures now!

Check out the Marvel Adventures album HERE!!

Campaigns:

• The Avengers
  • Thor
  • The Fantastic Four
  • The X-Men
  • The X-Men 2
  • The Invaders
  • Iron Man
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • SHIELD
  • Spider-Man and the Marvel Knights

Here's a MOSTLY complete character roster:
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=58109.0
Sadly, the New Mutants didn't make it in, but I think everything else is more or less correct.

This mod has somewhere in the neighborhood of THREE HUNDRED characters!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Fantastic work, Benton! It's great to see such care and such diversity be put into the mod.

Thank you for everything :thumbup:

Epimethee

In this case, the exclamation points are QUITE appropriate!

Congrats, Benton!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

detourne_me

Thank you Benton!  This latest release of Marvel Adventures looks astounding!

BentonGrey

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your enthusiasm! 

I'm afraid I have an announcement I need to make, though.  I just became aware of a terrible oversight on my part.  I forgot to credit Detourne_me for the awesome contributions he made to this mod.  Without his skopes and constant efforts to expand the borders of this game, there's a great, great deal that I could never have accomplished with this project.  To name just one example, the work he did on his Nightcrawler finally gave me the adaption of that character I had always wanted and was part of my inspiration for making this mod in the first place.  I use that character's awesome skoped animations as a base for everything I did with the character.  So, with deep apologies to DM for the oversight, I have uploaded an updated Readme and will be fixing the main download soon.

I also included an overdue note of thanks to my testers and support crew who were always supportive and generally awesome.  Thanks to Spyder, CB, CQ, and Jim!

You can find the updated file here:
http://greylands.freedomforceforever.com/MA_ReadMe.txt
Modify message
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

crosspotts1.0

thank u so much wooo i know what im doing to day

crosspotts1.0

i played the first 3 missions on spidy and i love the diloge i think u nailed it straight on very funny love how u portrayed them cant wait to play more

BentonGrey

Thanks CP!  That's really fantastic to hear!  I worked really hard on the dialog and characterization for that campaign, and I'm really glad you think it 'rings true.'   :D
God Bless

crosspotts1.0

also ur missing textures for one of the Atlantis soldiers(trooper) with the trident thing and for blacklash i fixed blacklash but i havent fixed the soldier (trooper)

also in the first level there no indicator to tell me where i had to go to get to rhino so i ran around for a wile 10 mins or so to find him dont know if thats just mine or what

also r we supposed to run thru the fence or should i of been jumping over it cause i ran thru like it wasent even there

im looking for more bugs on my end and will report back

and i love the basket ball and hoop i scored a basket when i couldent find rhino lol :lol:

crosspotts1.0

i thnik my erors r from trouble extracting every thing is there anothe way to extract cause this is what im geting the file name is to long for extraction

spydermann93

Try using 7-zip. I've never had problems with it (unless the .zip file itself was corrupted, of course).

BentonGrey

CP, I'm begging you man, use punctuation and capitalization.  I really have a hard time reading your posts.

So, you're getting errors extracting the mod?  The mod should be in an installer, not a zipped file.  If you're getting errors and no-one else is, you probably got a corrupted download.  I'd redownload and see if that works better.

Spidey Mission 1: The lack of an arrow was meant to encourage players to explore the map.  Do other folks think there should be more direction in that first mission?

Intangible fences: Yeah, that is an FF1 map.  Because of the different ways 1 and 2 process objects, some things in FF1 are somewhat insubstantial.  Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about it.

Missing Texture: He looks fine on my end.  I'm thinking this must be a result of install errors.  Anyone else see a problem with this skin?

I'm glad you've enjoyed the mod!

God Bless

Cyber Burn

What issue are you having with the Atlantis soldiers(trooper)? If it's one of mine and Daglob's, there may be an updated Version of the Nif File.

crosspotts1.0

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 01, 2017, 04:28:12 AM
What issue are you having with the Atlantis soldiers(trooper)? If it's one of mine and Daglob's, there may be an updated Version of the Nif File.
i think hes missing textures

sorry !!

i dont use punctuation cause im just trying to get what i have in my head out before i forget it and

i dont have a lot of time when im typing cause i have to tend to my son when hes crying and i get streesed

plus my dyslexia acts up so its twice as hard

it was a zip file i got so i guess that's why

BentonGrey

CP, the edit button has been very useful to me, as I often have to go back and check myself.  You don't have to be perfect the first time, after all.  None of us are!

Anyway, try redownloading.  It should be an installer.  Let me know if you have anything weird.  Make sure to delete the previous installation before you install.
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 02, 2017, 02:30:13 AM
CP, the edit button has been very useful to me, as I often have to go back and check myself.  You don't have to be perfect the first time, after all.  None of us are!

Anyway, try redownloading.  It should be an installer.  Let me know if you have anything weird.  Make sure to delete the previous installation before you install.

Hey Benton, I need to re-download, but I hate to say it, it looks like there's a Zip File in the Link in your opening Post.

BentonGrey

Bah!  I forgot to update that link!  Thanks CB!

Attention!  Anyone who downloaded from that link or ended up with a .zip file, please delete it and download the installer.  You've got an old version that I can't guarantee will work properly.
God Bless

spydermann93

Dang Skrulls posing as your mod link. You can't trust anything, anymore! :thumbdown: