News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 111: Scarlet Spiders / Iron Spider

Started by Podmark, February 04, 2017, 06:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the Scarlet Spiders / Iron Spider design?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

After Civil War, Marvel had a book called The Initiative where young heroes were trained by the government. Among those was a set of clones with peak human ability, trained with Spider-Man's moves by the Taskmaster, and armed with the Iron Spider outfit (this time with four arms). There were three of them but two of them were killed off over the course of the book. To my knowledge the final one hasn't appeared since The Initiative ended.

This is the same outfit worn by Peter Parker during Civil War, with the only difference being a fourth robotic arm in the back, so this poll is a two-in-one.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

4: I like it reasonably well.  It does what it is meant to do reasonably well, combine Spider-Man and Iron Man, though I'm not crazy about the gold eyes.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

5. I know people hate this design, but it's always been one of my favorite alternate spider-man designs. In some ways, I felt it was a natural progression for the character... Yeah, it was basically a joint venture with Iron Man, but for decades Peter had been making technological improvements to his costume (along with a few short lived bulkier armors) and so creating a sleek suit like this was a natural next step for the character. And while the Iron Man influences are pretty blatant, it still feels like something Peter Parker created.

As for the design, as I said, this is pretty sleek. Where the spider armor before this was bulky and monotone, this armor is sleek, simple, and feels like Spider-Man. Really, the only problem I always had with the look was solved with the Scarlet Spiders... I never, EVER understood why it was 3 extra legs rather than 4 in the original design.

Podmark

I gave it a 4.
It's a pretty nice design. The only real complaint I have is that the red and gold seem to blend together a bit for me. Oddly I've never had that issue with Iron Man.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page