Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Only on the Gulf Coast...

Started by daglob, December 24, 2016, 10:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

It's 75 degrees on Christmas Eve.

Glitch Girl

Went to church tonight with a short sleeve blouse.  That was strange.

But a nice change actually. 

Until I start thinking about the "why" and get all depressed.

Oh well, Marry Christmas all, even those in colder climates.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Silver Shocker

Crazy. Here in Ontario it's "You get a cold! You get a cold! Everyone gets a cold!"

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone here. Hope everyone has a great day with friends and family.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

spydermann93

Tomato

Christmas this year has been kinda... chill for me this year. I'm a bit far away from the rest of my family to make the trip from Nevada to Maryland, and since my mom didn't want to worry about shipping packages, my only gift was a card for Amazon (which I knew about weeks ago and had to open the letter it came in a few days early because it came with my updated Car tags.) I'm going to a friend's for Christmas dinner, but outside of that my plan is just to chill out and wait for DBZA Broly to come out so I can pull out that Ice Cream I've been saving.

BentonGrey

Merry Christmas to all!  It's in the high 70s here as well, which is just ridiculous.  Still, I hope everyone has a happy holiday.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

catwhowalksbyhimself

It was in the 50's earlier, but it's now dropping below freezing.  Given that we at close to zero a few weeks ago, which is like over a month earlier than usual, I really don't mind.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

kkhohoho

It's still been in the 30's around here. Better than last week; it was -17 degrees on Sunday. :thumbdown: But I guess it's just that time of the year, which is something to be grateful for. It's always seemed to me after all that Christmas, with its spirit of giving, offers us all a wonderful opportunity each year to reflect upon what we all most sincerely and deeply believe in. I refer of course to money. ;) (You thank Mister Tom Leher for that one. Great satirist, seriously. Check him out if you get a chance.)

Seriously everybody, Merry Christmas. It's been commercialized to hell and back, but it's still the most wonderful time of the year. :)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

daglob

Yeah, Tom Leher and Biff Rose... maybe a little Mark Russel...

The Phantom Eyebrow

Merry Christmas all; its been extremely mild here.

daglob

Now it's 80 degrees in January. I'm wearing shorts and running the AC.

BentonGrey

I'm really getting sick of this wildly inconsistent weather, somewhat literally.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

spydermann93

To be fair, this is nothing new to us Gulf Coasters. The Gulf Coast has always been a fickle mistress. :P

daglob

True; many's the Christmas we went outside in short sleeves to play with our toys.

And just as many we had to stay inside out of the rain and play with our new games.

DireWolf

if you really want to feel bad, check out the weather over here in Okinawa. Of course, the summers are brutal.

BentonGrey

We're fighting off mosquitos here in Arkansas at the end of January.  That's just not right.
God Bless

detourne_me

Quote from: DireWolf on January 20, 2017, 04:42:25 AM
if you really want to feel bad, check out the weather over here in Okinawa. Of course, the summers are brutal.

Dude, youre in Okinawa? My wife and I went there for Xmas for a couple days. It was beautiful out. We even went to a beach!