News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A *very* overdue surgery

Started by WyldFyre, February 05, 2017, 01:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyldFyre

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I may be out of commission for a week or two. After a long fight with my insurance co. and two years of pain, I am finally getting my back operated on this Monday.

I have had 3 herniated disks from '84-'96 and all the arthritis/spinal stenosis/scar tissue/middle age finally caught up with me a couple of years ago. After 2 years of pt/nerve reductions/cortisone and a slew of medication, I finally was sent to a neurosurgeon who said "I can do something for you". Then insurance co. said no. After a lengthy appeals process they finally agreed and now I go under on Monday.

This being my 3rd surgery I am not to worried, but my wife is. So any who are inclined to, please say a little prayer for us.  And I promise more additions to the FF Museum as soon as I can sit at my computer for a while.

I have my tablet, so I'll stop by as soon as I can.

For Freedom!
For Freedom!

BentonGrey

Hey WF, we'll definitely keep you in our prayers!  This sounds like a long-awaited event, and the process you went through to get here sounds incredibly frustrating.  I hope everything goes well and that you'll find the results really excellent!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Here's hoping that there won't be much more pain, then there is none...

SickAlice

G'luck and my prayers be with you. Most of us are in this boat, my next is about a week and a half out. Assure your wife that these days medical science has most things under control. My stepfather alone just beat his third cancer bout. You'll pull through.

spydermann93

Prayers out to you, WF!

Get plenty of rest and be sure you drink your Ovaltine

Cyber Burn

I think SA is right, quite a few of us may be in similar situations, and I think you'll have no trouble getting your fair share of good thoughts and prayers from all of us. Take care of yourself, and know that we're pulling for you.

WyldFyre

Thanks Everyone,

I'll be back soon.
For Freedom!

WyldFyre

Surgery was successful (I hope).

Recovering at home now. Only able to spend a little time each day at the computer, but was able to finish what I have of Psycho-Pirate's stuff.

Will work on things as I can.
For Freedom!

BentonGrey

Great to hear, WF!  I hope and pray your recovery is speedy and complete.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob