News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 112: Scarlet Spider Kaine

Started by Podmark, February 13, 2017, 03:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Kaine's Scarlet Spider costume?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

A few years back Spider-Man's clone Kaine was cured of his degenerative disease and took on the identity of the Scarlet Spider:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

It's... ok. I do think it works well as a modern version of the Scarlet Spider suit, but it's biggest problem (at least for me) is that I feel like it's not really something that suits Kaine specifically... not that it would suit Ben any better, but it's an odd costume choice for Kaine to jump to. It's basically just a spare Spider-man suit taken from Horizon's storage of alternate spider-man costumes, and it feels like it.

I dunno. I definitely Like it, but it also doesn't wow me.

Podmark

I have a similar opinion to Tomato; I like it, but it doesn't wow me.

I agree that it doesn't really look like Kaine, but I think that was somewhat intentional. He was trying to move his life in a different direction and become a better man. So some separation between his previous identity makes sense. Still it's a meaner looking spider than Ben ever worn so there's still a little Kaine in the look.

My main issue with this costume is that from the stomach down it's horribly boring - just a single colour. The top half I find looks pretty good, and the back (not shown) is pretty interesting. It's essentially the inverse of the front, red spider on black - unbalances the design though.

So I Like, but don't Love it.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page