How to edit two parallel parts of a mesh at once in Blender

Started by Red Fisser, February 18, 2017, 03:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Fisser

Havent used Blender in ages, but lately I am eager to make a comeback to  :ffvstr: as well as give this great giving community something back, but I cant seem to remember even some the basics, and since I cant figure it out from  a few hours of search in the internet, can someone tell me how do you edit two parallel parts at once in Blender? For example I have this awesome hulk mesh, and I want to play with its facial characteristics a bit, in order to make it a new ultimate green goblin mesh, but I dont want to have to do the same work in both sides of the face,twice..(and surely without the needed precision in order to be both sides the same)
-Sorry if my english aint good-  :ph34r:
If I remember correct its only a matter of a click or two, just cant figure it out yet.

detourne_me

Oh i think i remember how to do this. If you use sculpt mode then, in the menu to the left of the mode selection, the should be something called X-axis mirroring. Or something like that.  If yoy check that, then anything you do in sculpt mode is mirrored on the other side of the mesh.  Its beet a while since i played with that function so i may be wrong.

Red Fisser