News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Question about female_gren meshes

Started by jackhartt1967, February 18, 2017, 05:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackhartt1967

Hi folks,

So I installed Da Glob's One_Eyed_Jacqui mesh this morning & it is frickin' awesome. One of the coolest female w/ guns meshes that I have found.  :thumbup:

But. It's a female_Gren mesh. And everytime I try to add a female skin to these meshes, I rename the files in the skin folders, just like I have done a million times with other meshes (mostly with a great deal of success), but with the female_Gren, I always get the same unsuccessful result.

The character's body details are fine, but the hair color doesn't change and the face is featureless. Drives me nuts coz there are so many cool female_Gren meshes, but I've never managed to find an alternate skin for any of them that will work by changing the file names.

Anyone else have any experience with this, or suggested workarounds?     

daglob

The skins in Gren's latest female meshes are not laid out the same as other meshes. if you have a program to look at the textures, you can see the differences between plain old female basic and Grenadiers'  version.

Actually, there are usually a few differences between each creator's meshes and the others.

jackhartt1967

:banghead:

Man, that is a shame, coz your Jacqui mesh was the answer to my Black Widow problem, and probably would have worked to resolve my Silver Sable issue as well.

I don't have a program for looking at textures. In fact, technically, I'm pretty much a noob. Don't even remember how to merge dat files. I use to know how (coz I love maps), but honestly at this point I'm mostly just playing around with the skins & meshes I can find, and when I find a mesh, like your Jacqui mesh, that I think would solve an issue I'm having with different character, I like to try the skins on em and see how they look.

Gren made some amazing meshes for this game, I just haven't been able to to make anyone else's skins work on his female based meshes. If the skins have to be laid out differently to fit his female meshes that explains that.

And you're right about the differences between meshers, some meshes are very forgiving and will accept nearly every alt-skin I try on them, others only work with the skins they came with.

daglob

There is an unreleased Black Widow floating around that is scoped on a Grenadier mesh. Maybe we will see it soon...

GIMP and Paint Dot Net are free graphic manipulating programs that should read the skin files. Some people use them to skin with, because they will do much that other such programs will do.

You might check out the Emma Peel scope (in The Avengers 2-pack) in my stuff at Alex's place also.

jackhartt1967

Hey Glob, really like your Emma Peel skope & as she is she would make a fine kinda old-school with guns Natasha.

However, I'm still trying to find a non-Gren female mesh with guns (that would work as either Black Widow, or Silver Sable), that I can actually put an existing Widow or Sable skin on.

As I mentioned elsewhere, the Ultimate Black Widow mesh works well, and I can add alt skins to her, but none of the skins I've tried fit as well as I had hoped.

There are so many guys w/ guns variations out there, guess I'm just surprised that most of the female options I've located these past few weeks are mainly variations on that female w/ two-guns mesh that I had in FF1 more than a decade ago.

Anyway, I'll keep searching, coz there is so much fun stuff out there to play with, & maybe I'll find something, or someone will read this and have something they can share.

If you ever revisit something like the Jacqui or Peel meshes that aren't based on a gren-female - let me know!   

daglob

There exists a list of characters with guns. It's inaccessible to me right now, but it may be at FF Resources.

Cyber Burn

Definitely join the Freedom Force Resources Yahoo Group listed in my Signature, and in there, look for the file titled "Meshes With Weapons".

jackhartt1967

Thanks again CB. Awesome collection of resources you've collected in one place. Thanks for the tip.  :thumbup: