News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 113: New Scarlet Spider

Started by Podmark, February 18, 2017, 07:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Ben Reilly's upcoming outfit?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

And now the costume that inspired this set. Ben Reilly returned to life in the just concluded Clone Conspiracy story line and is set to get a new ongoing soon. He'll be wearing this new outfit:

This past week it was announced that Ben will return to his original costume at the end of the arc.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Thank goodness they're going back to the old costume. This costume... it's just BAD. I get what they wanted it to be, but it fails to be either interesting or inventive.

I gave it a Dislike, and I was being generous.

BentonGrey

2: Weird looking and hoods do not go with skin-tight suits sans capes.  Also, the emblem being the same color as the rest of his costume doesn't quite work.  It's pretty ugly.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Glitch Girl

I kinda like it up to the neck, then the hood and that creepy mouth line just kill it.  The cut of the gloves is a little odd too though I'm not sure if that's more design or artist interpretation.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

Gave it a Dislike. Considered a Hate.

There's two elements I really don't like:
1) The smile visible through the mask - which might just be the cover image. Maybe he won't have that normally.
2) The blue markings through the hands. Just looks weird.

The rest is actually okay, and if I see it more, possibly by other artists, it might grow on me. I'm not sure about the hood. Having read the entire Clone Saga, the hood on the original Scarlet Spider costume was actually ripped off in the costumes first few issues, and if my memory is holding up was rarely drawn again. Yet the idea of hood seems to have taken on a life of it's own.

I think my biggest problem is that when I look at this design I don't really see Ben Reilly. It actually reminds me more of Spidercide.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Deaths Jester

If it hadn't have been pointed out as the Scarlet Spider, I would've thought it was Spidercide too. It's that mask that does it, with that visible mouth and dumb looking eyes.

I don't like it nor do I like Ben's old costume - looks dated. I wish they had actually just left him dead.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.