Queen + Adam Lambert

Started by Panther_Gunn, February 23, 2017, 08:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther_Gunn

Having reached the age where AARP starts sending me applications to join, it's probably time for me to "retire" any thoughts of going to concerts anymore.  Ok, really, it's actually more about the horrific cost of tickets nowadays, the lack of time that being a parent of a very active 4 year old minion brings with it, and one of the main venues for music in my area has such horrible acoustics/sound system that it completely turns me off from seeing anyone there (I literally couldn't understand half of what Steven Tyler and Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen said into the mic when they were speaking a couple of years ago, and could really only follow along with the songs that I already knew).

This summer I'll be winding up my concert-going "career" with a birthday treat to myself by seeing Queen + Adam Lambert, which will put a nice little bow on it as the first concert I ever saw was Queen's last American tour with Freddie.  After my uncle introduced me to them, Queen has been my favorite band for as long as I remember (easily by 6th grade, probably earlier).  I have every album they put out (even Hot Space), minus the Greatest Hits discs with no new material.  I was greatly saddened when Freddie passed, and was beside myself with joy when they finally released Made In Heaven, with Freddie's final vocal tracks.

I opted not to see them when they toured with Paul Rodgers, as I didn't think he had the range to cover Freddie's vocals, and also wasn't immediately interested in hearing any of Paul's material (of which there is a vast amount) in the middle of the set.  I had heard that Adam sounded pretty good when covering Freddie's songs, but I haven't heard for myself.  Has anyone heard him sing any Queen songs, either with or without the band?  I'm hoping that I'll be able to enjoy this last outing (even if it is in the nosebleeds), but I really don't know how he sounds, and am looking for opinions from anyone who's actually heard him sing.

Let me know your thoughts.  I Want It All.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.